IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Just think of all the brain banging face melters rich is making for his own ears right now. When his lights go out you know he’s still cooking up something good because he just can’t help it. 
Semi-unrelated:
Not sure if he ever mentioned it on SC during the dump days but I’m very curious if he runs all of his synths as separate tracks through a mixing console and records the takes as a sort of live mixdown performance or if he records the tracks in all at once to separate digital tracks and mixes them in his digital platform… probably a bit of both?? Whatever the case, it’s clear he is the master of creating individual tasty layers and weaving them in and out. His mixing is so good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i'm now thinkin there might be some new music this year with field day and all:)

• Burger 1

• 2 months later...

C'mon u Slags gotta be one of Richard's sickest tracks ever... realized this some days ago... I mean, those cymbals are mad groovie... melodies are haunting af as well... ffs...

Ventolin on the other hand, I don't get the hype...

over and out :catsalute:

Edited by cruising for burgers

where is the thread 2020 - Aphex Twin Unreleased Live Tracks 2016-2019 - 41 tracks v2 ??? can't member the username who posted it...

all those tracks are not released yet and there's some gold in there... c'mon Ricardo David Jaime, bring on that afx acid...

i listened to London 03.06.17 [field day] again pretty recently and i gotta say its pretty underrated!!! hell the warp store version might be up there with Collapse in terms of post-Syro afx for me

Craig Of The Creek Reaction GIF by Cartoon Network

26 minutes ago, Lane Visitor said:

Ooh what if his next release was the score of a film? 

I wonder if he'd ever be interested in that realm.

an anime, or some animation, cause I don't see his music fitting on an hollywood or even on a non western movie...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lane Visitor said:

I think he's said a few times he would like to do them but has never bothered because he'd have to toe the line too much and have too many restrictions imposed on him. Don't think Rich is one for taking orders, unless it's someone very close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lane Visitor said:

interviews from around Syro have him doing work on adverts and sponsors ("i've done commercials no-one even knows about!") plus he handed over his track Red Calx (which was unreleased and initially put on soundcloud) to be used on the 2018 film Kuso.

i think he'd totally do it if he was up for it, but let's not forget how he typically handles so many of those bland, commercial top dollar remix commissions with his piss-takey remix jobs, Aphex Airlines, telling Madonna no thanks unless you include samples of your genitalia etc etc. he'll only do a project that he's genuinely interested in - which, of course, could be just around the corner...

On 4/8/2023 at 11:28 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Looks like he deleted the Peel Session tracks from his store.

The Cheetah EP is also gone, activity on the store, but I would prefer things being added rather than taken away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3602084/fullcredits/

Interesting. Wonder if he's doing the whole score or just contributing old music.

• Like 1