IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Someone I'm sure on watmm will dissect what's actually new, and what's from SC dump. No worries, I'll probly buy most of it anyway, just to have FLACs.

I bet there are a lot of Discogs heads who are looking at the fact these tracklists could / will be updated in the future and getting incredibly angry.

lol yeah imagine the peeps that paid a ton for the Field Day vinyl, and got none of the bonus tracks.

I'm thinking of the database nerds who dislike digital releases because they're flexible. There's a lot of discussion on the forums about whether digital should even be allowed on the site. The idea that a new entry will have to be created every time a new track is added - or that it will have to be argued out whether the older entry should just be edited or not - is going to wind a lot of people up.

I'm thinking part of his deal to release SYRO, was that he has carte blanche to release whatever he wants digitally, or in limited physical runs without Warp worrying he's diluting his brand.

most of these albums i've owned on disc for 10+ years so i'd have to be rebuying them anyways. will search my soul for the answers to most of my problems

Man listening to Utopia gives me the best kind of nostalgia. Back when everyone was all skeptical like "This can't be Aphex"... Now 2 years later

I had the exact same thought/feeling.  It was Utopia that convinced me on Soundcloud, made me swoon.

I too expect Bleep purchases to be entirely unrelated to the Aphex Twin Bleepstore.

This is on par with the HealthCare.gov website launch.

except for that's shit nobody wants and costs a fortune and this is something everybody needs and doesn't cost that much

There's new ccai2 trax that aren't listed as new btw. Easy to miss

Feel so fucking vindicated. Now I just need confirmation about the two Syro tracks. like this: https://soundcloud.com/texicon/syroclont1000 Jesus this is so nice to hear. I was trying to piece these together through guessing. 

If you already bought a lot of the bleep releases you may want to sit those ones out for now specifically. Somewhere on the site it said those who already purchased the full albums would get the bonus tracks for free or something along those lines. You may want to look at your bleep store purchase history just in case.

agreed

If this is the case, I should expect Bleep to at least mention this on the site. 

Some people who are getting in might already be buying albums they already owned on bleep. 

I don't know what to make of this. It's like the people who already bought the albums  will be disadvantaged to those who haven't. 

Sounds a bit crazy to me, hope this will be fixed. If i ever get in I'll stick to buying what I don't already have for now. 

Maybe they shouldn't be free, but at least for a lower price than buying the whole album again or something along that line, like a 'new track package' like someone mentioned before. 

Edited by Time Tourist

I wish Warp would just confirm/deny a physical release like they did with the elseqs on AE Bleepstore.

Holding off for now as I'd rather spend like £200 on vinyl than £70 on wav files, but of course if it's the only option, I'll do it...

Ditto. I got a ton of new releases (lots of them limited) coming out in the next few weeks so I'm not going to be buying all this any time soon regardless, but with the streaming I can definitely hold off longer if there are reissues coming. Given the fact that it seems like this will be added to as and when Rich feels like it I doubt there'll be any physicals coming - not any time soon, at least - but confirmation would be really nice.

May as well buy ICBYD all over again since it's cheaper than buying the 7 'new' tracks separately at 2 Euro a pop and will also get any future additions for free

...the record business is all the same, as always - buy what you already have, to get something new along with it. Earth is happy that it's not more physical stuff, anyway. (and I am too, got no need for more stuff on my shelves)

Someone I'm sure on watmm will dissect what's actually new, and what's from SC dump. No worries, I'll probly buy most of it anyway, just to have FLACs.

I bet there are a lot of Discogs heads who are looking at the fact these tracklists could / will be updated in the future and getting incredibly angry.

lol yeah imagine the peeps that paid a ton for the Field Day vinyl, and got none of the bonus tracks.

I'm thinking of the database nerds who dislike digital releases because they're flexible. There's a lot of discussion on the forums about whether digital should even be allowed on the site. The idea that a new entry will have to be created every time a new track is added - or that it will have to be argued out whether the older entry should just be edited or not - is going to wind a lot of people up.

the correct answer to that is "so what?"

T16.5 MADMA with nastya+5.2 is grippingly beautiful

About this, you are certainly not wrong

everyone who hasn't heard this yet should grab some good headphones, close their eyes and give this a listen immediately