IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

$180 lighter, I have most of the things now.

For my own folders, I just wiped out my old versions of the albums with the new ones...hopefully I don't regret it.  I might a bit with the SAWII track "titles"

he said he's planning to upload loads more tracks so, I would just hang tite on some of the ones you expect to see.

This is basically his soundcloud 2.0 it seems to me. Got the community interaction, can post comments and tracks and video tidbits. Main difference is he can charge money for tracks which give more motivation to release the really good shit and master it, etc. (Pretty sure all of the soundcloud stuff we've gotten so far has been mastered for the store)

funny how you can access certain tracks only by searching them

which ones are those now

Also saw user name:  Joyrex is a Knob Polisher

Edited by atypic

I yelled like a little girl when I saw the scratch intro from the Windowlicker video was included, only to find out its basically cut right out of the music video with the voice-overs dicked around with in between the track. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I've always desperately wanted the solely instrumental version of the scratch intro. Wonder if it was an artistic choice to publish it this way, or rich maybe just lost the original recording and tried to find a compromise...?

He said on SoundCloud that Chris Cunningham has the master and that Chris doesn't talk to him anymore

which ones are those now

was looking for Ventolin (Asthma Beats Mix). ventolin remixes ep doesn't show up in the catalogue anymore

which ones are those now

was looking for Ventolin (Asthma Beats Mix). ventolin remixes ep doesn't show up in the catalogue anymore

Good call - just grabbed that one!  LMK if you see any others!

I grabbed a chunk of tracks and burned them to cd.  had to find a way to play them in my car since the aux jack is wonked out.  been about TEN years since that last time I burned tracks to compact disc. :crazy::aphexsign::crazy:

I have said it before but... fucks sake.. boc's TH megahype-train has killed my fanboyism for this kind of thing... am I alone on this?

No you're not alone. It's just that when horses smell blood and the dust gets kicked up, you have to get out of the way.

RDJ is following in the great British tradition started by Led Zeppelin whereby you get folks to buy your albums 2,3,4,n times with the addition of new content each time. You could probably find 7-10 instances of "Black Dog" in my parents' house from my dad being a completist.

It happened with Analord once already and dollars to donuts, it's about to go down again. Once I saw my basket going north of $100, I backed out until I could be sure that I would indeed "cherish" everything. Someone clocked over $220 also? That's good gear money. You could just get a Monologue at that point but there is a posh streak here in Aphex fandom that I have noticed lately. It's no thing for them to drop that kind of cash.

I decided to put my $100-200 towards a REV2 and wait and see what tracks emerge that I truly couldn't live without. I know the Sound Cloud versions are different and "not so good for the ears" with the nulls and all but I'm OK with that.

Alright, ignore and resume blood lust

The new tracks are free to stream, so you can hear them all.

You don't have to re-buy the albums if you just want to buy the tracks.

You can buy the extras you like and not buy those you don't.

If you can make people buy your product over and over you win. Not a new idea for Aphex Led Zep, think about movies, vhs,dvd,blue ray etc

I am happy to give RDJ my money. He has given me such joy since Digeridoo came out.

Also tbh this is the first time I've bought a lot of this stuff, like Tuss and and HAB and Girl/Boy, so I don't feel too bad about it - and ICBYD already has a second album's worth of extras. It's not like he's slapping one or two tracks on a release and billing full price. And for Syro all I bought so far was end E2 because I already have that on vinyl.

Idk, seems like far less of a cash grab than comparable rereleases.

I am happy to give RDJ my money. He has given me such joy since Digeridoo came out.

That's my thinking.  It's not like he's going to blow it on pennywhistles and moonpies.  He's going to buy some new gear and make amazing new stuff.

so does afx have kids are not, the reall questions that need answering now.

Yeah he does.

Also tbh this is the first time I've bought a lot of this stuff, like Tuss and and HAB and Girl/Boy, so I don't feel too bad about it - and ICBYD already has a second album's worth of extras. It's not like he's slapping one or two tracks on a release and billing full price. And for Syro all I bought so far was end E2 because I already have that on vinyl.

Idk, seems like far less of a cash grab than comparable rereleases.

Agreed.  Some of these are my first time buying the release as well.

All I've done so far is stream stuff...

Getting the London LP seems like a no-brainer though, same with GAK, and probably Tuss because there's so much extra on it that fits right in and my only copy is a CD I got for very cheap.

Not sure how I'll deal with the releases where there's only one or two bonus tracks and/or they feel really tacked on. But I'm sure the store will be here for a while, long enough for me to make up my mind.