IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I listened to the 200+ FREE soundcloud tracks enough to throw some money his way without reservation.  If you don't have the cash, I understand completely, but to treat this as some kind of shady double-dip is pretty weak, considering the amount of shit he straight up gave away over the past 2 years.    

I wonder why it says this under the "ALL Rephlex mate" page:

TR 606  July 2017  

New 606 album incoming? Possible Japan LP?

Universal Indicator Red has as cat# TR 606

I wonder what "ALL Rephlex mate" means. It will include other artists that aren't afx?

TR 606 isn't even confirmed that it was Rich isn't it? I reckon it was rumored it was a collab with Mike, maybe even Grant was involved.

I would like love to see all the Rephlex discography on the shop, but since Rephlex artists now own the copyright of their music, they would need to ask every single person that was part of Rephlex, but it would be worth it as that site gets a lot of traffic and having it all there nicely ordered it's better than scattered across a ton of websites, and the artists would be able to make some revenue, again since Aphex Twin's site is going to get a lot more traffic than individual bandcamps set by each Rephlex artist. Or maybe a separate rephlex.warp.net site? With some unreleased stuff and so on. There were so many good records, I was just listening to Journey by TGP and feeling nostalgic. That was a nice song. I wonder where these guys are nowadays.

I listened to the 200+ FREE soundcloud tracks enough to throw some money his way without reservation.  If you don't have the cash, I understand completely, but to treat this as some kind of shady double-dip is pretty weak, considering the amount of shit he straight up gave away over the past 2 years.    

agreed 

I wonder why it says this under the "ALL Rephlex mate" page:

TR 606 July 2017

New 606 album incoming? Possible Japan LP?

Universal Indicator Red has as cat# TR 606

I wonder what "ALL Rephlex mate" means. It will include other artists that aren't afx?

TR 606 isn't even confirmed that it was Rich isn't it? I reckon it was rumored it was a collab with Mike, maybe even Grant was involved.

I would like love to see all the Rephlex discography on the shop, but since Rephlex artists now own the copyright of their music, they would need to ask every single person that was part of Rephlex, but it would be worth it as that site gets a lot of traffic and having it all there nicely ordered it's better than scattered across a ton of websites, and the artists would be able to make some revenue, again since Aphex Twin's site is going to get a lot more traffic than individual bandcamps set by each Rephlex artist. Or maybe a separate rephlex.warp.net site? With some unreleased stuff and so on. There were so many good records, I was just listening to Journey by TGP and feeling nostalgic. That was a nice song. I wonder where these guys are nowadays.

I'm betting it's all of Rich's Rephlex releases except Mike n Rich.

I listened to the 200+ FREE soundcloud tracks enough to throw some money his way without reservation. If you don't have the cash, I understand completely, but to treat this as some kind of shady double-dip is pretty weak, considering the amount of shit he straight up gave away over the past 2 years.

agreed

Anyone have choirdrill? looks like it may never pop up as a download

I just downloaded it, it's showing on my screen?

Haven't been able to get it to stream either.

ugh... the wonkiness of this is killing my OCD lol

All I've done so far is stream stuff...

Getting the London LP seems like a no-brainer though, same with GAK, and probably Tuss because there's so much extra on it that fits right in and my only copy is a CD I got for very cheap.

Not sure how I'll deal with the releases where there's only one or two bonus tracks and/or they feel really tacked on. But I'm sure the store will be here for a while, long enough for me to make up my mind.

this. it would be lame for it to be shut down and people slower to the game, miss it.

there was that one never heard luke vibert remix of ventolin that was exclusively in some dj mix of all Vibert stuff. a: anyone have a link to that mix?

b: richard? can you make avail on the aphexbleeps?

the deep gong mix is the luke vibert mix

weird.  the whole Ventolin (remixes) album is visible only if you search for the keyword...?

and most tracks are not for purchase: 

LMEk8og.png

Edited by o00o

I have said it before but... fucks sake.. boc's TH megahype-train has killed my fanboyism for this kind of thing... am I alone on this?

No you're not alone. It's just that when horses smell blood and the dust gets kicked up, you have to get out of the way.

RDJ is following in the great British tradition started by Led Zeppelin whereby you get folks to buy your albums 2,3,4,n times with the addition of new content each time. You could probably find 7-10 instances of "Black Dog" in my parents' house from my dad being a completist.

It happened with Analord once already and dollars to donuts, it's about to go down again. Once I saw my basket going north of $100, I backed out until I could be sure that I would indeed "cherish" everything. Someone clocked over $220 also? That's good gear money. You could just get a Monologue at that point but there is a posh streak here in Aphex fandom that I have noticed lately. It's no thing for them to drop that kind of cash.

I decided to put my $100-200 towards a REV2 and wait and see what tracks emerge that I truly couldn't live without. I know the Sound Cloud versions are different and "not so good for the ears" with the nulls and all but I'm OK with that.

Alright, ignore and resume blood lust

The new tracks are free to stream, so you can hear them all.

You don't have to re-buy the albums if you just want to buy the tracks.

You can buy the extras you like and not buy those you don't.

Hard to complain when you can stream everthing for free (and after all the soundcloud free stuff!) but I do get it a bit as want to get everthing but costs do then rack up! Be nice to have a "all new stuff" bundle for reasonable price

Though am loving the bits ive bought and enjoying streaming the rest. Think I will get ICBYD next.. always been my fav afx album and its just got even better!!

Its the albums with like one extra track (but the possibilty of more) that are giving me a headache! But its a lovely problem to have so big up to the ginger one X

Edited by kirm

Anyone have choirdrill? looks like it may never pop up as a download

I just downloaded it, it's showing on my screen?

Haven't been able to get it to stream either.

ugh... the wonkiness of this is killing my OCD lol

Speaking of OCD, those track titles on GAK are torture.

tuss was mastered by a mastering house originally wasnt it? i'm guessing he's been mastering these SC/new(old) tracks himself. seems kind of doubtful to me that he'd also remaster tuss himself. possible i guess.

Well, most of the titles now have an "M" after them. Curious.

We know for sure that Nightmail was mastered, as it says so on the detail page. I'm guessing more of them will have been.

Edited by Time Tourist

Wish we could see the comments without having to buy everything.

I actually like this, because it means that spammers will have to at least buy something to be able to spam. 

Hopefully this will discourage them to do so... 

Bought Krog, Tuss, Field day ep, ventolin and the orphan tracks for now. Will probably buy all of them at some point even if it means buying them double. 

I'm hopeful lots of tracks will be added especially Drukqs. And like Ivan said, we should be grateful. 

Edited by Time Tourist