IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

speculation time:

next uploads will be the rephlex albums and eps.

analords, bubblebaths, caustic, bradley. assuming the bubblebaths will come with a shitload of extra's. much from soundcloud dump though. so much of it already familiar stuff. but nicely mastered and put in context with officially released stuff.

hoping next month. not expecting next week as the bleep servers need to be able to breathe a bit. ad possibly some bugs in the site need to be fixed in the background before the next wave comes in. 

hopefully the saw1.5 will be next after the rehplex stuff

I really hope he found ABB6 track one. 

Theres enough Caustic Window, ABB3-5era and Bradley outtakes in the dump already I assume some of them will pop up. He seems pretty keen on giving us completely unheard stuff as well. Don't think they'll be too much more Analord, he already released plenty of outtakes for that in 2009.

I'd really love to hear some more material from 2001-2004. The only tracks he released suggest he was just making mental breakcore (Mangle11, Smojphace, BoxEngergyRmx4) .Probably the early days of some of the Analord and Computer Controlled material in this time as well but for a guy so crazily prolific its a notably fallow period.

I'm hoping for a few more EPs like 'Orphans', Theres enough material on out there to make plenty of self-contained and cohesive mini-releases. Loads of harsh 1993 tracks (the Phlegm EP?)   Either that or just keep tagging them onto the end of ICBYD. 

imagine something like this: mastered + edited would make a great lost album.

Early Morning Clissold

Ibiza Spliff

barbarella on microdots

Sumerfestivalloveinthecountry

Autumn Travels

Slo Early Morning Sunrise

Gear Smudge

Summer2

Inthesky

Last Clissold Maybe

1st bank track

∂ƒx 126b

∂ƒ∆ (rough)

NY Groove

1974-94 (8 of Clubs Concentration)

Cornish Spreek (St Nectans)

Joyrex Says New Drukqs Track Is Quite Good18h1a1e!

Richard, I just want to follow up on our prior secret conversations and say that the new track ‘dRuQks Prepared uN 1’ is QUITE GOODLike

daddy12ha1!

ok, that's it the ban hammer is going to come down and cleave your skull for all eternity.Like

flol

Total must-hear immersion buying tactics uncertainty carefree format abandon.

Is there to just download all the new shit in one hit and never have my wife know how much it cost?

Willing to pay extra to have it delivered on an old Verbatim CD-R.

Total must-hear immersion buying tactics uncertainty carefree format abandon.

Is there to just download all the new shit in one hit and never have my wife know how much it cost?

Willing to pay extra to have it delivered on an old Verbatim CD-R.

Time for your own separate "AFX bank account".

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

I couldn't hear any difference.

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

Edited by manmower

Watmm and the ongoing mastering saga continues...

Only when you face the Lake of Fire of The Apocalypse and the Hooves of the Four Horses, will you discover the truth!!

And then my on-line friend it will be too late  :diablo:

Edited by beerwolf

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

Looking forward to digging into all of this once I have money.

lolololol you're an idiot lolololo

also no one cares about your disjointed opinions at this point

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

I do, I quite like Richie's posts

He speaks from the heart but with a dry sense of humour. Dry sense of humour is always good in my book. A lot of people struggle with such, which makes it even funnier lol.

Edited by beerwolf

He speaks from the heart but with a dry sense of humour. Dry sense of humour is always good in my book. A lot of people struggle with such, which makes it even funnier lol.

ye and he's just honest

not everybody likes the same stuff

He gave a loving description of PlayerPro in the Drukqs comment section

Edited by LOL Alzado

Somebody please get Warp to add a "BUY ALL" button to make some people's lives easier.  I'm assuming there's a decent number of people that would like to go all in with this with a single click.  

Bandcamp allows you to buy entire discographies at once, I did it with the Schematic records back catalog and it was worth every penny of the $55 they charged.

talkin2u mix is fucking WOW

This track should be familiar to some.

I id'ed this as Unreleased Aphex from 2009-04-04 - STRP Festival, Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Not sure if he played it anywhere else 

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/59741-new-aphex-weve-all-heard/?p=1421172

Come To Daddy-009-Aphex Twin-28 organ 11 [ru,ec,+9]

jesus fuck.  gonna listen to this a hundred times in a row it's so good. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

He gave a loving description of PlayerPro in the Drukqs comment section

i think he's talking about mr. sombrero aka richie sombrero not richard aka daddy1

but yeah, that post is really good

fanks!

The reason this vid exists is because when my good friend Leila wanted to remix it, she asked if she could just have the melody without the drums, to make it easier to work out, so I thought be a nice little treat to make her a movie of it.

About PlayerPro though,Id like to write a chunk about that program.

Its very simple compared to modern things like Renoise BUT it had some advantages over it

Here’s the main things I loved about Playerpro. You could drag instruments from the list on the right, directly into the arrangement window, this alone makes writing things SO much faster than say Renoise and SO much more fun and less ballache.

I know you can play them in from the keyboard but you need both.

Next is if you right click a note in the arrangement window, you get a list of possible column functions/FX AND notes with octaves, This is a really fast and intuitive way to program and most importantly edit things you played in.

Ive tried in vain to make Renoise coders listen, help!

You could print plugin effects directly & destructively onto the sample, hence fr eeing up CPU but you could hear the effect first before you printed it.

I've really pecked several people to do this and it did get finally done in Renoise but its still not as accurate as PP, gain is not handled correctly last time i checked, Renoise has that great highlight part of the arrangement thing but the gain doesn’t get worked out properly when you have a bunch of fx, be top if this is fixed now?

The other reason this feature is so good and powerful is because most people these days setup EQs on each channel etc and they just sit there wasting CPU and most importantly the urge to carry on tweaking it always remains.

You would be amazed how it can train your brain to get it right the first time when you are forced to make a decision about EQ and then can’t change it, a bit like with a digital camera, you just take loads of shit pictures of the same thing instead of one thats right, I’m generalising.

But every sampler VST i’ve seen does this as well, its the wrong way to do it, all your plugins should be available in the sample editor to apply to samples, not on the mixer, well you need both.

I think its because in the beginning of audio on DAWS, coders were fixated about replicating real mixing desks and recording bands but this didn’t take into account the new way people were going to start using DAW's

But even if you can’t take that discipline you could just have an undo history on the sample..so you wouldn’t have to re EQ the EQ if it were wrong..you could also have an amazing cpu guzzling EQ on every sound.

It just doesn’t make any sense to have a live EQ on static samples..yet every DAW does this, unless I missed one? Ive checked all of them and they all do that..frustrating when everyone goes down the same wrong road.

Also helped code some really different sounding granular and FFT plugs for it which was the icing on the cake…

But it was really limited so would prefer those functions in Renoise rather than resurrecting good old PP.

Edited by Bubba69