New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The year's not quite over yet...

Well, I wonder why MIKE & Rich would be released by Planet µ...

Posted Images

I do, I quite like Richie's posts

He speaks from the heart but with a dry sense of humour. Dry sense of humour is always good in my book. A lot of people struggle with such, which makes it even funnier lol.

He gave a loving description of PlayerPro in the Drukqs comment section

i think he's talking about mr. sombrero aka richie sombrero not richard aka daddy1

but yeah, that post is really good

fanks!

The reason this vid exists is because when my good friend Leila wanted to remix it, she asked if she could just have the melody without the drums, to make it easier to work out, so I thought be a nice little treat to make her a movie of it.

About PlayerPro though,Id like to write a chunk about that program.

Its very simple compared to modern things like Renoise BUT it had some advantages over it

Here’s the main things I loved about Playerpro. You could drag instruments from the list on the right, directly into the arrangement window, this alone makes writing things SO much faster than say Renoise and SO much more fun and less ballache.

I know you can play them in from the keyboard but you need both.

Next is if you right click a note in the arrangement window, you get a list of possible column functions/FX AND notes with octaves, This is a really fast and intuitive way to program and most importantly edit things you played in.

Ive tried in vain to make Renoise coders listen, help!

You could print plugin effects directly & destructively onto the sample, hence fr eeing up CPU but you could hear the effect first before you printed it.

I've really pecked several people to do this and it did get finally done in Renoise but its still not as accurate as PP, gain is not handled correctly last time i checked, Renoise has that great highlight part of the arrangement thing but the gain doesn’t get worked out properly when you have a bunch of fx, be top if this is fixed now?

The other reason this feature is so good and powerful is because most people these days setup EQs on each channel etc and they just sit there wasting CPU and most importantly the urge to carry on tweaking it always remains.

You would be amazed how it can train your brain to get it right the first time when you are forced to make a decision about EQ and then can’t change it, a bit like with a digital camera, you just take loads of shit pictures of the same thing instead of one thats right, I’m generalising.

But every sampler VST i’ve seen does this as well, its the wrong way to do it, all your plugins should be available in the sample editor to apply to samples, not on the mixer, well you need both.

I think its because in the beginning of audio on DAWS, coders were fixated about replicating real mixing desks and recording bands but this didn’t take into account the new way people were going to start using DAW's

But even if you can’t take that discipline you could just have an undo history on the sample..so you wouldn’t have to re EQ the EQ if it were wrong..you could also have an amazing cpu guzzling EQ on every sound.

It just doesn’t make any sense to have a live EQ on static samples..yet every DAW does this, unless I missed one? Ive checked all of them and they all do that..frustrating when everyone goes down the same wrong road.

Also helped code some really different sounding granular and FFT plugs for it which was the icing on the cake…

But it was really limited so would prefer those functions in Renoise rather than resurrecting good old PP.

Edited by Bubba69

Come To Daddy-009-Aphex Twin-28 organ 11 [ru,ec,+9]

jesus fuck.  gonna listen to this a hundred times in a row it's so good. 

I remember hearing it from the Soundcloud dump for the first time and was like, "how the fuck was this never released. absolute insanity!"

player pro.. ha.. i thought it was a spreadsheet in excel sending data to max or something.. 

thanks for that .. 

DFN Vinyl implies the 2 track exclusive Vinyl sold at the festival, and I'm sure that is what Rich meant. The track he played is for SURE going to be reserved for a future album, and not flippantly added onto the store.

I totally agree, as much as i'd love to have that song he played at the show sooner it is simply far to incredible to not be on an LP. Hopefully it makes the cut for the next one!

Need more SAW II - Stone in Focus deserves a digital release. Please Richard!

But.....yeah... this is a great way to go broke.

It has one, inasmuch as it's on a CD compilation.

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

Looking forward to digging into all of this once I have money.

lolololol you're an idiot lolololo

also no one cares about your disjointed opinions at this point

guy cant even crack a joke?

fuck your touchy uppity white knight fanboyism

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

seriously someone isn't even allowed to defend their favorite artists even as a joke from another joke?

fuck you and your overly underly political correctiveness white boy nerd

seriously someone isn't even allowed to defend their favorite artists even as a joke from another joke?

fuck you and your overly underly political correctiveness white boy nerd

Just biked in to say have a nice evening everyone. =)

The only solution to all this hatred is to kill Aphex Twin. Let's go.

*picks up fiery pitchfork*

Need more SAW II - Stone in Focus deserves a digital release. Please Richard!

But.....yeah... this is a great way to go broke.

It has one, inasmuch as it's on a CD compilation.

On that comp it's mixed slightly with the end of the previous track, Slow Boat To China, so if you're picky you'll need to do some fading like I did when I stitched it into my FLAC rip of the UK 2xCD.

Aphex twin, also known as England's Richard James, was once a pioneer of techno and ambient electronic music, and he made records, particularly 1993's gorgeous Selected Ambient Works 85-92, that changed the course of electronic music. But since then, he has bravely charted a course toward tech-noise and slowly veered into unlistenability

that's my richy

Only on watmm can people start yelling at each other about new unreleased Aphex Twin tracks

love & light

fyi i was deadly serious