IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Did a quick A/B test on Synthacon 9 and the files sound identical. Slightly different length of silence before and after the track, though.

good to know thanks. still gonna buy it if rich is putting up different masterings?? george lucas of idm

UYIJs7a.png

lol

i love the boys

Did a quick A/B test on Synthacon 9 and the files sound identical. Slightly different length of silence before and after the track, though.

good to know thanks. still gonna buy it if rich is putting up different masterings?? george lucas of idm

UYIJs7a.png

lol

i love the boys

looooooooooooooool

You guys think Richard will release his new music this way from now on? He can just sell directly to the masses without need of any other kind of distribution.

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

Looking forward to digging into all of this once I have money.

lolololol you're an idiot lolololo

also no one cares about your disjointed opinions at this point

guy cant even crack a joke?

fuck your touchy uppity white knight fanboyism

seriously someone isn't even allowed to defend their favorite artists even as a joke from another joke?

fuck you and your overly underly political correctiveness white boy nerd

Just biked in to say have a nice evening everyone. =)

Canada_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifCanada_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

You guys think Richard will release his new music this way from now on? He can just sell directly to the masses without need of any other kind of distribution.

He's still doing the physical format thing. So that needs to be part of the equation. Let's see how the saw1.5 will be released though. My guess is it will be released partly through the classic distr network and partly bleepstores. With the bleepstores bonus of having access to new additional tracks. ....which kinda cannibalises all other distribution options. Not sure how this will work. And somehow think the people involved are not sure either.

How different is the Field Day release on the store compared to the LP? Are those like 6 extra tracks or is it just split into more parts than the rip?

Will be a while before I grab the SC dump tracks as I spent so long listening/mixing with them but it's a timely reminder to relisten to Surfing on Sine Waves which I've not done in a while.

I listened to the 200+ FREE soundcloud tracks enough to throw some money his way without reservation. If you don't have the cash, I understand completely, but to treat this as some kind of shady double-dip is pretty weak, considering the amount of shit he straight up gave away over the past 2 years.

Totally agree and I felt exactly the same about those Erik tracks that were on sc. Amazing comparing Aphex to Led Zep. Really???

I wonder if aphex will be doing a remix of madonna's cherish (it's a joke, but that was the song i thought of when the word cherish was mentioned, not that other one you guys linked to). + rephlex stuff going up on warp ay.

I'm going to buy a track just to tell him how fucking shit his Primavera set was lolololol.

Looking forward to digging into all of this once I have money.

lolololol you're an idiot lolololo

also no one cares about your disjointed opinions at this point

guy cant even crack a joke?

fuck your touchy uppity white knight fanboyism

seriously someone isn't even allowed to defend their favorite artists even as a joke from another joke?

fuck you and your overly underly political correctiveness white boy nerd

Only on watmm can people start yelling at each other about new unreleased Aphex Twin tracks

love & light

fyi i was deadly serious

lol

I'm really loving the Korg/Tunings album. For me, that's the real treat here. As much as it's nice to have the new 'bonus' tracks for the albums, this a whole new side of AFX, one of many he promised over the last couple of years. Really hoping we get the field recording stuff too, and more Computer Controlled would be sweet.

One release I just can't get into though is the Cheetah stuff. Kinda passed me by at the time and left me cold again over the weekend.

But it's also been really nice to rediscover GAK.

All told, the guys OK by me.

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

lel

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

lel

lul

This is so sweet. ICBYD has been on my top 5 list of best records evah so long and now with the added bulk of SC tracks + Consta-Lume, It's even better. Already wrote on SC thread but Sekonda is sure something that belongs on ICBYD. Hadn't thought that With My Family and No Cares were ICBYD tracks but they fit there nicely, also winding road is surprisingly fitting. God, thinking if it included also Rough Beat Tune, Ibiza Spliff and Tamclap. :catnope: Oh and also Cornish Spreek, [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise and....

spacer.gifAphex Twin Drukgs

spacer.gifRS Rating:

redstar_lg.gif

lay off the Drukgs RS

or use more

I don't mind

just get it right

:)

that's the first time i seen that review and this is pure comedy, i can't believe someone who get's paid to review music would write that.

i asked afx if he/his friends maybe wrote that cause this can't be real??

Question... if I were to order a vinyl/CD from the Aphex Bleepstore, would I automatically 'subscribe' to the digital version? i.e. continue to receive new shit fo frees

seems logical 

Question... if I were to order a vinyl/CD from the Aphex Bleepstore, would I automatically 'subscribe' to the digital version? i.e. continue to receive new shit fo frees

seems logical
Nope, not the case. Bleepstore and aphex store are two separate things that only share the login account. Wrote an email to Bleep about this and that is the answer i got.

Felt bummed at first but got over it and bought several different albums already.

I wonder if this will also be the case with the future vinyl/cd releases. If you think about it they are actually two different products so it's logical you pay twice.

Just realised you meant the merch page on the aphex store. No idea about that, but i don't think so. It would be really unfair to the people who bought the vinyl or cd when it came out...

Edited by Time Tourist

seems logical
Nope, not the case. Bleepstore and aphex store are two separate things that only share the login account. Wrote an email to Bleep about this and that is the answer i got.

Felt bummed at first but got over it and bought several different albums already.

I wonder if this will also be the case with the future vinyl/cd releases. If you think about it they are actually two different products so it's logical you pay twice.

I'm aware that the Bleep and Bleepstore inventories are separate. I'm referring to the physicals are sold here...

https://aphextwin.warp.net/vinyl-cd-merch

I'm assuming it'd be fine? Was just curious if anyone tried :)