IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

ah ok thx my page monitor extension gave a false alert then. I have to find one that shows what changed so I don't have to scan the page myself every time

aphextwin.warp.net/tracks is listed in reverse chronological order and seems to be the easiest way to keep track of the latest tracks

i think you can still comment in "links" just below the page without buying a digital ;)l

Continued Stupid Inquiries: how tf do i change my username?

not gonna spoil that, you'll figure it out yourself ;)

ah ok thx my page monitor extension gave a false alert then. I have to find one that shows what changed so I don't have to scan the page myself every time

aphextwin.warp.net/tracks is listed in reverse chronological order and seems to be the easiest way to keep track of the latest tracks

yeah I had the impression that some tracks are not listed there 

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

lel

lul

< lel > m

lul [partially expander M]

yuge

Locking the comments behind a 'paywall' is really stupid.

Fanboys are technically paying money to communicate with RDJ lol. Just let everyone read it...

Edited by B1000

You guys think Richard will release his new music this way from now on? He can just sell directly to the masses without need of any other kind of distribution.

I don't think this counts as selling directly to the masses.  I mean, it's selling direct, but "the masses" are going to iTunes and Spotify (or their record store).  For real releases, I expect he'll do both.

I've bought a little amount of music and can comment. Are you definitely signed in ?

My ability to see comments didn't come immediately after I purchased...maybe the second day.

Question for the OCD completionists (definitely not me, definitely not !) ... where do these bonus tracks live if you have the Japanese bonus tracks added to the album already

e.g. in Syro is 'MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96' track 13 or is 'End E2' track 13 (as tagged in the ID3) and the Japanese bonus track gets bumped to track 14 ?

I currently have two track 13s.  But just relying on the EP might be sufficient to nuke it from Syro.

the new rushup masterings... yuge

Was just listening to this, agreeing that it sounds different.  Better, I think.  Kinda wish I hadn't replaced my old files with it though so I could do a proper compare...

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

lel

lul

< lel > m

lul [partially expander M]

yuge

Just resurrected my original CD rips from the Recycle Bin to do an a/b.  Track lengths for the new ones were generally 2 seconds shorter.  But tbh I couldn't hear any difference.

Locking the comments behind a 'paywall' is really stupid.

Fanboys are technically paying money to communicate with RDJ lol. Just let everyone read it...

Agreed that it's silly, and a bit frustrating, but it does seem to work to keep things calm and spam-free on those releases where I can read them. But maybe there are better ways to accomplish the same.

Track lengths for the new ones were generally 2 seconds shorter.

Same here, hence the "properly lined up".

am I stupid or did the on-remixes disappear from the site ?

edit: via the search you can still access them

Edited by Scarb0

Can't really work out what the spectral thing is meant to be around 0:30 of the Windowlicker scratch intro (if anything), the front cover maybe ... can sorta see a Rich face at the top

spectralafx.jpg

​end E2 ​reminds me of the beginning of The Shining (the main synth line, and the classic sweeping shot of the lakes and the Going To The Sun road) also the echoing sample of (Richards?) childrens voices just add weight to that feeling that I've arrived at The Overlook Hotel and strange things are afoot.

​end E2 ​reminds me of the beginning of The Shining (the main synth line, and the classic sweeping shot of the lakes and the Going To The Sun road) also the echoing sample of (Richards?) childrens voices just add weight to that feeling that I've arrived at The Overlook Hotel and strange things are afoot.

That might explain why i keep listening to "end E2" on loop. That Wendy Carlos "Rocky Mountains" track is amazing, those Moog tones are hard for me to not emulate to this day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgCejsyS0t8

I've bought a little amount of music and can comment. Are you definitely signed in ?

yes i was. seemed to be just a bug though, comments are now possible for me on every release i purchased tracks of :-)

Question for the OCD completionists (definitely not me, definitely not !) ... where do these bonus tracks live if you have the Japanese bonus tracks added to the album already

e.g. in Syro is 'MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96' track 13 or is 'End E2' track 13 (as tagged in the ID3) and the Japanese bonus track gets bumped to track 14 ?

what's weird is with this I did something I don't normally do, and I am somewhat OCD (ok definitely if you ask some) I made the tracks 13a - MARCHR.... and 13b End E2 

don't know why but it seemed right for the time being

all tracks/albums subject to change...

what's weird is with this I did something I don't normally do, and I am somewhat OCD (ok definitely if you ask some) I made the tracks 13a - MARCHR.... and 13b End E2 

don't know why but it seemed right for the time being

all tracks/albums subject to change...

Right now there is no official release with both of those tracks, so I'd keep a separate copy for the 2017 web release of the entire album, even if you don't buy all tracks again. :wang: