IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Blech, honestly there better be some new material avail on june 6 even though i know in my heart that this is purely a move of capitalism and not artistry

:catrage:

But like whatever right, bring the pain

:catrecline:

Whatever it is we won't have had access to it before. So new stuff or sc masters or whatever. Logic has it you don't put a countdown just to sell stuff that's already sold on bleep under a more personalized web address. You do a countdown for something exciting.

Blech, honestly there better be some new material avail on june 6 even though i know in my heart that this is purely a move of capitalism and not artistry

:catrage:

But like whatever right, bring the pain

:catrecline:

I'm just a spectator, not a speculator. Who knows what will happen? Wait and see.

What's unsettling about it being a bleepstore is the website's url tho.
Bleepstores have dedicated urls while this is a warp.net subdomain. And that's confusing.

Fingers crossed for Smojphace II

That would be fucking amazing. The last 10 minutes of his Field Day set reminded me of how Run The Place Red (AFX Mix) transitioned to ktpa1 in Smojphace.

What's unsettling about it being a bleepstore is the website's url tho.

Bleepstores have dedicated urls while this is a warp.net subdomain. And that's confusing.

It's prolly just a temporary domain that'll redirect to the bleep store after the countdown

It'll be mastered Soundcloud stuff, along with digital releases of his out-of-print Rephlex material (AFX, The Tuss, etc.)

Edit: purely speculation, before someone gets the wrong idea lol

Not sure about the Rephlex material... but yeah.

I would LOL heartily if he put digital versions of the DFN and FD recordings and take the piss out of the eBay punters...

RE: Punters. A limited edition is a limited edition though. I didn't mind paying extra $ for HAB1 and HAB2 vinyls because there were probably never going to be more of them and I really wanted to hear them in good quality, not crappy rips (this was back circa 2000 way before the CD re-release.)

I see the Houston and London records as limited releases like that. The buy/sell loop is definitely shorter but for someone who put in the time and effort to score them, good for them. If they want to sell it and there's a willing buyer, good for the buyer too.

RE: Punters. A limited edition is a limited edition though. I didn't mind paying extra $ for HAB1 and HAB2 vinyls because there were probably never going to be more of them and I really wanted to hear them in good quality, not crappy rips (this was back circa 2000 way before the CD re-release.)

I see the Houston and London records as limited releases like that. The buy/sell loop is definitely shorter but for someone who put in the time and effort to score them, good for them. If they want to sell it and there's a willing buyer, good for the buyer too.

Oh, sure - for collectors, that makes perfect sense. For folks that just want to hear the music, digital files would be nice.

It'll be mastered Soundcloud stuff, along with digital releases of his out-of-print Rephlex material (AFX, The Tuss, etc.)

Edit: purely speculation, before someone gets the wrong idea lol

Not sure about the Rephlex material... but yeah.

Maybe not, but it needs to happen at some point. There is currently no legal way to obtain half of his back catalog, unless you're willing to pay outrageous Discogs prices. And even then, a lot of people don't care for physical media.

Having it all up on a Bleepstore can allow people to pay Rich/Warp for the music directly without the expenses and effort of repressing evening. Everyone's a winner!

Konklaver 2

01 - Flan Ard (4:10)

02 - Saint Water 2 (5:59)

03 - Gatelewn (5:43)

04 - Mist In Storage (2:57)

05 - Konklaver (8:41)

06 - Fashionable Headpiece (4:32)

07 - Kashing For (5:03)

08 - In (Fank2) (9:37)

If it is a bleepstore, I wonder if he will have considered the voting page made by XF at the time of the Soundcloud dump.

Does anyone have an idea if Richard has still looked at the lists?