IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Aphex Twin – APHEX Mt. Fuji 2017

R-10631286-1501301328-2607.jpeg.jpg

Label/Cat#: Not On Label (Aphex Twin Self-released)
Year: 29 Jul 2017
Format: Cassette

Tracklist
1. Nqz 9 Chaos Rave 1st Edit +6
2. 19 Osc Freeze Edit
3. 33,000 Note Sweeps
4. Buchla 200 Rhtym 2B
5. 2 Tran 1 Env 4 Decay B Edit
6. Short Forgotten Produk Trk
7. 2 Nx Neotek Test B + 11
8. Nqz 2 Edit + 6
9. Buchla 200e Pulses 8LP9
10. Buchla 200e XY MARF
11. 3buchla + MARF B + 6
12. @FX - MATRIXT9
13. Modular + 4 [spektral Modblues]
14. Nqz FS AK9
15. Nqz 25
16. Nqz 27
17. Nqz 3 Singing Montage Chaos +6
18. Talkin2u Mix2
19. Matrix Del1 Edit
20. Buchla 200 6
21. Buchla 200QUAD EQ,FM OSC F6 Net 2dk Edit
22. Marshall Chords 01
23. Modular + 8 Spectral Modular 2
24. Modular + 3 5chmod Pulse
25. Springs 3-AFX Edit
26. Rebrab
27. Buchla 200e 31patches
28. 291E Buchla Talk 1
29. Nqz 18 Impulse B
30. Nqz 7 Dark Rave
31. Sines 2 Seq Edit
32. 10 Partial Gen
33. FREEZE QRS Edit
34. Nqz 14 ENV DelFS Edit
35. Nagradrums 2+7
36. Buchla Master Edit Rend
37. DOT PATTERNS
38. 10 Partial Gen 2
39. Nqz 21
40. Nqz Baby
41. SH MATRIXT1
42. Z Freqdelay Serve
43. NQZ 11 Fucked PWM F6 Edit +6
44. Nqz 12 FS Dcl
45. 5nh Edit B

More information: http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-APHEX-Mt-Fuji-2017/release/10631286

Anyone wonder what that swirl is on No Cares? Frequency wise, it's symmetrical, which intrigues me.

If you mean around 1:30, it sounds like a filter with an LFO assigned to the cutoff of a particular sound.

reddit user pointed out that the rozzbox uses preset patterns on a softynth https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6ps32c/rozzboxv2mam4_phoscyon_pattern_presets/

I'm highly doubtful of this. If it's a 303 sound, then it's probably from a real 303.

I'll give you two reasons why I'm not doubtful

1. He used TWO different presets from phoscyon.

2. He released this track with  pretend analog extmix 2b. Which sounds very similar production-wise and richard has himself admitted it was soft-synths.

Already spotted by Filzish a few days ago, btw:

Actually "your" acid riffs taken from Phoscyon VST demo. But yeah they close to what Aphex Twin made

Edited by psn

reddit user pointed out that the rozzbox uses preset patterns on a softynth https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6ps32c/rozzboxv2mam4_phoscyon_pattern_presets/

I'm highly doubtful of this. If it's a 303 sound, then it's probably from a real 303.

2. He released this track with  pretend analog extmix 2b. Which sounds very similar production-wise and richard has himself admitted it was soft-synths.

Every time I head on the internet it usually ends in disaster but here goes:

There is actually an explanation of how he made the track on the aphex twin warp site by the man himself but hey don’t let that bother you!

10crfuq.jpg

slate, on 21 Jul 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Just realised I made the acid riff from rozzbox about 2 years ago, resemblance is uncanny:

Rich's:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5b464x21a80vwz/richs.mp3?dl=0

Mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro5lw9eb9zy5v7u/mine.mp3?dl=0

Spooky :blink:

Actually "your" acid riffs taken from Phoscyon VST demo. But yeah they close to what Aphex Twin made

LOL, savage!  :wink:

Yeah lol sounds like I'm bullshiting but I just assumed I made it when I looked back at my exported files, didn't rememeber that I'm a dirty preset user. Apologies.

There is actually an explanation of how he made the track on the aphex twin warp site by the man himself but hey don’t let that bother you!

10crfuq.jpg

aphex fans know better than aphex

See I knew it. There's a lot of younger Aphex fans hear a softsynth that sounds like a 303 and they say "yep this must be what he used". The 303 basically only does a handful of sounds/tones but is a really distinct sounding machine. There are a bunch of emulations in both the hardware and software world....with different levels of quality and accuracy among them but few if any sound as good as the original. So it would be pretty dumb to use a software emulation when you have a real Roland TB-303. Roland just did a remake of it called the TB-3 but not sure how it measures up.

10crfuq.jpg

Interesting. Well there has to be a reason why that pattern is so similar. I refuse to accept it is a coincidence 

Anyone wonder what that swirl is on No Cares? Frequency wise, it's symmetrical, which intrigues me.

jAk9mg4.jpg

This?

Seems like bitcrushing to me.

That's the one! Hmm, low sample rate, no reconstruction filter, leading to aliasing/folding? Yeah, that sounds likely. So probably something cheap and digital. (Or S+H, BBD, etc.) The symmetry on the other axis too suggests it could even be a pingpong loop on a sampler.

See I knew it. There's a lot of younger Aphex fans hear a softsynth that sounds like a 303 and they say "yep this must be what he used". The 303 basically only does a handful of sounds/tones but is a really distinct sounding machine. There are a bunch of emulations in both the hardware and software world....with different levels of quality and accuracy among them but few if any sound as good as the original. So it would be pretty dumb to use a software emulation when you have a real Roland TB-303. Roland just did a remake of it called the TB-3 but not sure how it measures up.

lol