IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

God i love this track

He added Stone In Focus as "track 19 [side 5, track 2, omitted from CD's]" and description is:

This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room.

https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/68148

From Rich on the Stone In Focus upload - This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room. I usually always give priority to the vinyl versions of all my releases as I never ever really liked CD's much, think I would have liked CD's a little bit more if you could put 90 mins on them, who decided they were to be 74 mins anyway? Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible.

Yes please to the chrome/metal cassette releases....I'd buy every single one.

Edited by killabyte11

Woah.. this is really interesting. Time to dig into the album pages once again. didn't realize he was commenting on specific tracks. hell yes. 

Recorded in Linmiri [Lannerlog bedroom studio], probably the last track I ever recorded in that house, quite fitting really, end of that era. I made it when coming back to visit my parents in Cornwall after moving away to go to college to do a degree in microelectronic engineering, which I thankfully never finished, was so boring, always preferred teaching myself, so much more satisfying, letting your mind wander where it needs to go. I heard Derrick May pressed this up onto vinyl so he could DJ it, I wonder if that was true?

Woah.. this is really interesting. Time to dig into the album pages once again. didn't realize he was commenting on specific tracks. hell yes. 

Recorded in Linmiri [Lannerlog bedroom studio], probably the last track I ever recorded in that house, quite fitting really, end of that era. I made it when coming back to visit my parents in Cornwall after moving away to go to college to do a degree in microelectronic engineering, which I thankfully never finished, was so boring, always preferred teaching myself, so much more satisfying, letting your mind wander where it needs to go. I heard Derrick May pressed this up onto vinyl so he could DJ it, I wonder if that was true?

What's that from?  (site's still down for me)

something in focus? :)

:aphexsign:

Thanks RDJ!!!

9 track 19 [side 5, track 2, omitted from CD's] 10:11 Aphex Twin Cherish

•  
  •  

This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room. I usually always give priority to the vinyl versions of all my releases as I never ever really liked CD's much, think I would have liked CD's a little bit more if you could put 90 mins on them, who decided they were to be 74 mins anyway? Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult.

From https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/68148-aphex-twin-selected-ambient-works-volume-ii:

Blue Calx:

track 19 [side 5, track 2, omitted from CDs] ("Stone in Focus"):

This track has now thankfully been found and uploaded here, I was very worried it had been lost, very relieved*** It was not included on the original CD’s as there wasn't enough room. I usually always give priority to the vinyl versions of all my releases as I never ever really liked CD's much, think I would have liked CD's a little bit more if you could put 90 mins on them, who decided they were to be 74 mins anyway? Thinking about this now I'd love to try and get Warp to do high quality chrome cassette versions of all my Warp musics, maybe even metal ones if possible. If I wait a year or so for this I could include all the extras on the cassettes as there would be plenty of room, would have to sign the tracks over to Warp first for a physical release, something I don't have to do for this website but that shouldn't be too difficult.

#22 ("Spots"):

Someone I used to know, you know who you are, worked as a cleaner in a police station and kindly pinched me a police interview tape. It was with a woman who murdered her husband, it's the background audio in this track.

#23 ("Tassels"):

featuring an EMS synthi 'a', mk1, Studiomaster star mixer, recorded 184 Southgate road, 1st floor, London. Bought the synthi when I was about 19 from Robin wood at ems, Ladock, Cornwall. Saved all my money for it for a long time, one of the first synths I ever bought and I know that machine inside and out, magical piece of equipment, always felt like it was made specially for me.

Just streaming the Ventolin remix EP, don't think I've ever played this one before..

It's pretty sweet just having a lot of tracks collated together in one spot, makes it a cool place just to enjoy a beer and chill to Aphex stuff you may not be so familiar with. Better than dicking about on youtube with all the adverts and other braindrain distractions.

Edited by beerwolf

Just streaming the Ventolin remix EP, don't think I've ever played this one before..

Yeah, I ignored both Ventolin EPs for the longest time, not particularly liking the title track.  But the others are much better!  And now I'm at the point where I like even the Ventolin track too.  I'm in too deep...