IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I've always liked Ventolin and was mildly obsessed with the video (that Richard hates) for the song.

Same, it was one of the few videos i kept on my zune (lol) back in my teens

#22 ("Spots"):

Someone I used to know, you know who you are, worked as a cleaner in a police station and kindly pinched me a police interview tape. It was with a woman who murdered her husband, it's the background audio in this track.

Just made this track 10x more fucked up  :music:

I'm so happy SAWII Track 19 is back, it's one of my personal favorites of his. It's so easy to get lost in that song.

Has he said anything about the missing "Quoth (Hidden Mix)" from the Quoth EP?

Edited by En Ex

I'm so happy SAWII Track 19 is back, it's one of my personal favorites of his. It's so easy to get lost in that song.

Yeah I forgot that one

Also "Windowlicker (Original Demo)": https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Windowlicker/release/6156

quite the spoils. stone in focus and gak digital alone is huge. london ranks as a solid album for me. the new rushup edge is unbelievable. then there's the korgs, atlantis, a bunch new old tracks, the tunings tracks, a bunch of mastered sc tracks.

thanks aphex!

Edited by very honest

What was the name of the track that had a description from Rich about not taking antibiotics? I think it was on Girl Boy EP?

Japanese Windowlicker

edit: not you, the song

Edited by BoomTssPhace

​​​​So now we have to wait a year until the metal tapes are sorted out?

​I've been looking for tapes, chrome and type 1 are easy to find for duplication and even cheap (apparently, old pancakes mass-produced in yesteryears, sold to national audio company in US and others around the world), but no signs of metal cassettes or pancakes in america or anywhere else i'm aware of, apart from old small random casettes lots on ebay. 

Maybe for afx some miracle could happen, or a forgotten lot found, but I doubt metal IV cassettes of aphex's discography will see the light of day, unless extremely limited and expensive (whatever blank metal cassettes around are not so far from retail prices of finished produced vinyls).

http://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=40890:

​Type I ferric oxide tape has the advantage of a limited but available supply of ferric oxide pigment. There are some tricky processes to refine these crystals to ferric-cobalt, so a Type II ferric-cobalt can also be made from the base crystal; but it is expensive.

Only DuPont and BASF spent the money on the reactors to manufacture chromium dioxide crystals in any production amounts. (The high temperature and high pressures involved were a very expensive investment.) The chrome--and probably most of the ferric-cobalt--tape stock available are probably pancakes that remain from the halcyon days of yesteryear. All of these types of tapes were available to high-speed duplicators and loaders.

Type IV metal tapes were very expensive to make. The particles were prone to self-oxidation that was so dangerous that coaters were kept in oxygen-free environments to prevent fires and explosions. DAT and Mini-DV tapes use the same processes, but the pigment and coating are slightly different, and slitting is also very different. Those who continue to coat the metal particle video tapes see insufficient demand to switch production to a few thousand pancakes of Type IV audio tape, and they may no longer have the slitters or other equipment available. The expense of coating magnetic tape is only offset by continuous production, generally at high speed. (BASF bet the farm on VHS demand continuing until 2010, and they lost--despite warnings from those they later tossed out when in desperation they abandoned the ship to Kohap/Emtec.) Type IV metal cassette tape was never used in high-speed duplication, so we will not see new production again or old stock sitting in duplication facilities.

I got my RDJ Album vinyl and the cover is in bad resolution ... do all copies look pixelated? Usually bad bootlegs have image quality this bad lol. I had the cd ages ago and dont recall it looking this bad but of course that was a smaller print

I got my RDJ Album vinyl and the cover is in bad resolution ... do all copies look pixelated? 

My copys cover has no pixelation at all. Very good resolution... Maybe you should check matrix runout on discogs. Where did you buy it?

Cheerz

A lot of the reissues these days are released without the label having bothered/managed to source down the original artwork or proper reproductions thereof. LPs are being pressed where the cover is a scan of an LP cover (or sometimes even the CD cover), ie a generation loss.

Edited by psn