IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I got my RDJ Album vinyl and the cover is in bad resolution ... do all copies look pixelated? Usually bad bootlegs have image quality this bad lol. I had the cd ages ago and dont recall it looking this bad but of course that was a smaller print

I think you might have gotten a bootleg or the horrible 1972 pressing, which might explain the pixelated cover. See here on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Richard-D-James-Album/release/3908906

I got my RDJ Album vinyl and the cover is in bad resolution ... do all copies look pixelated? Usually bad bootlegs have image quality this bad lol. I had the cd ages ago and dont recall it looking this bad but of course that was a smaller print

I think you might have gotten a bootleg or the horrible 1972 pressing, which might explain the pixelated cover. See here on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Richard-D-James-Album/release/3908906

Should be easy to spot from the label if that's the one.

But I have a 2012 Warp repress, bought from Bleep, and you could describe the cover as aliased/pixelated in places too, particularly the contour of his face.

Finally getting round to buying some of these releases, 30 seconds into Korg 1b & lovin it... This is also the first time listening to any of these tracks the store has to offer... Not really a great time for me but my personal problems can always be shelved for some Aphex...

Thanks Rich for proving that records can be living, breathing, and evolving things. Well, only if they're just compilations of simmilar styles of tracks made around the same time like urs.

It's kinda weird to think that if ICBYD originally were to have come out with these bonus tracks it probably would have been a double album. Or that CTD would have been a full length LP

Finally getting round to buying some of these releases, 30 seconds into Korg 1b & lovin it... This is also the first time listening to any of these tracks the store has to offer... Not really a great time for me but my personal problems can always be shelved for some Aphex...

After taking some time to enjoy these tracks Korg 1b is one of my favorites of the new bunch. Haven't seen it talked about too much here but it's great.

Does anyone know, he mastered all new(old) tracks by himself?

Yep, except for Nightmail.

edit: ...which was done at a mastering house

Yeah, I guess Nightmail mastered by the same guy who mastered all his last Warp releases. Btw, it's Rich confess that he's doing mastering by himself? I only see comment in London release that someone complained about volume normalization

A lot of the reissues these days are released without the label having bothered/managed to source down the original artwork or proper reproductions thereof. LPs are being pressed where the cover is a scan of an LP cover (or sometimes even the CD cover), ie a generation loss.

Well that's really shit. I ordered it from the Aphex bleep store, figured they'd put a little more effort. I might say something

A lot of the reissues these days are released without the label having bothered/managed to source down the original artwork or proper reproductions thereof. LPs are being pressed where the cover is a scan of an LP cover (or sometimes even the CD cover), ie a generation loss.

Well that's really shit. I ordered it from the Aphex bleep store, figured they'd put a little more effort. I might say something

I would - out of curiosity, could you take a picture of the cover to show us what you're talking about?

Why did he put arch maid via rdj as a new track? I had that as an MP3 in 2001, and it's on the cd plain as day.

"New" means the track has just been added to the store, not that no one has ever heard it before.

Why did he put arch maid via rdj as a new track? I had that as an MP3 in 2001, and it's on the cd plain as day.

"New" means the track has just been added to the store, not that no one has ever heard it before.

It was added the same day as the other tracks from those two EPs.

I wondered about Arched Maid Via RDJ as well. I wonder if the Rephlex releases are still going to be uploaded as promised? Hope they don't go the same way as the Rephlex webstore.

I would - out of curiosity, could you take a picture of the cover to show us what you're talking about?

CI8dH34.jpgtZW1H7b.jpgIQ7cpwx.jpg