IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Yeah but the record label is owned by floating points. So if it's him then shameless hypemongering?

Would you have said the same thing about the Tuss, if the Tuss was called "unknown"?

there may be some room to quibble over whether or not london is technically an album. the original vinyl was kind of short in length. the digital track list is described as a collection rather than an album. from my point of view, though, it's an album.

the tuss bonus tracks amount to the length of an ep, and a rather nice one.

throw together growth inst, rozzbox, the korgs, atlantis, nightmail, organ, midi pipe, spiral staircase alt rem b, hilow, no cares, lisbon original, milkman bonus beats, and whatever else you like, and you've got yourself a pretty great aphex album

then there's the rushup edge remaster, which really rejuvenated it for me. basically all the aspects of the mastering that irked me about the original were fixed and new aspects and levels of detail came to light. been getting blown away by death fuck as one of the crowning works by james in new ways, lately, which is cool because i thought i had already realized that. goodbye jo and the new last rushup are nice improvements over the prior ones, for me, and its kind of like they're new songs, because i wasn't that into the old versions. the new mastering of synthacon seems to have fixed something being off about those sounds at the beginning, which always put me off, and the vocoder parts have a nice new psychedelic lush detail, unless i'm imagining things. and bear in mind, when i mention these perceived limitations of the original rushup edge, that that release floored me and i considered it musically historic.

Edited by very honest

then there's the rushup edge remaster, which really rejuvenated it for me. basically all the aspects of the mastering that irked me about the original were fixed and new aspects and levels of detail came to light. been getting blown away by death fuck as one of the crowning works by james in new ways, lately, which is cool because i thought i had already realized that. goodbye jo and the new last rushup are nice improvements over the prior ones, for me, and its kind of like they're new songs, because i wasn't that into the old versions. the new mastering of synthacon seems to have fixed something being off about those sounds at the beginning, which always put me off, and the vocoder parts have a nice new psychedelic lush detail, unless i'm imagining things. and bear in mind, when i mention these perceived limitations of the original rushup edge, that that release floored me and i considered it musically historic.

lol I remember reading that someone put the old and new files in a spectograph (?) and apparently they're one and the same.. It's 4.40 so I'll check myself later, I'm just curious if anyone has proof for a remaster, will be a while before I'm home near my proper setup.

lol I remember reading that someone put the old and new files in a spectograph (?) and apparently they're one and the same.. It's 4.40 so I'll check myself later, I'm just curious if anyone has proof for a remaster, will be a while before I'm home near my proper setup.

I did a test on several of the tracks, and while the gaps (and therefore the durations) are slightly different from the previously released versions, when I lined them up in Audacity and inverted one, the old and new audio canceled out perfectly.

I did a test on several of the tracks, and while the gaps (and therefore the durations) are slightly different from the previously released versions, when I lined them up in Audacity and inverted one, the old and new audio canceled out perfectly.

this conversation happened before

the new rushup masterings... yuge

I couldn't hear any difference.

Compared the versions of Synthacon 9 and Goodbye Rute in Audacity, couldn't see any difference either, and when properly lined up, playing back one version plus the inverse of the other gives absolute silence...

very honest wtf

not sure what you need to relearn, reading or hearing

I wonder if Richard named "[s770/SCI 3000,powertran]   beautiful Japanese people" the way he did as a nice gesture after that "Chink 101" track (which later became "Clissold 101[dat28 otari] 48k"). A few people got really upset and worried that it was racist. Saying Japanese people are beautiful made them less upset. He OBVIOUSLY named it "chink" since the melody is played on the black keys on the synthesizerrrrrr and has that "oriental" feel. That armour business was just an excuse and a cover-up for something BIG. Conspiracy theories!?!?!? 1984?"!2

Anyway.

Important thought of the day.

[s770/SCI 3000,powertran]   beautiful Japanese people is a stellar track by the way!

Also, I'm a racist. Hope you're not offended.

im not convinced that inverting the audio, combining it, and listening to the resulting track to judge for silence is conclusive evidence. i could easily imagine that test producing an imperceptibly soft result track.

i could be wrong, but didnt richard say they're new masterings?

there's got to be a way to take the WAV data and compare it to get an actual numerical output of difference. 

Edited by very honest

oh yeah, it was the NEW labels, and speculation about the Ms in the names. 

so, missing mistaken NEW labels in testing before launching the site is an odd thing to miss. it's hard to believe it was that.

either the songs are different or richard or warp wanted to put the NEW labels there because they were put out as the tuss originally and not claimed by james until later, and in low-profile ways.

sorry if i just gushed about a placebo effect. sorry tri

would like to see a diff of the audio data, though.

Edited by very honest