IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

The latter one being identified as a Jlin collab (purportedly). 

minus all the jlin bits by the sound of it.

I would have to believe it would either be a new full length record or the launch of the new format for his soundcloud tracks.

If it is a new record i hope the Houston track is on there, seems like a likely candidate to me.

My guess is it will be a curated selection of tracks, ever so slightly based on the SC poll a while back.. with new goodies thrown in that will include the Houston and Field day tracks..also with more unheard oldies but goodies... oh and did I mention goodies? 

I predict it's going to be an album of much more experimental/abstract material.

I sure hope so, if its in the vain of the Txx trxx and the vinyls at the concerts i'm gonna freak out

So fucking amped for whatever it is. This is like a new RDJ renaissance. So much going on, so good!

Agreed, what a time to be alive and all that. Everything else might going going to shit but I saw the Richaissance.

If this does end up being a new album I really hope he goes back to shredding sound on a laptop again. I love all the analog stuff but it's been forever since he's done anything digital. Would be nice to hear. 

If this does end up being a new album I really hope he goes back to shredding sound on a laptop again. I love all the analog stuff but it's been forever since he's done anything digital. Would be nice to hear.

YESSSSS

Like imagine him making an entire album with only softsynths, software samplers and drum sample kits etc. He could take cutting edge vsts like Serum or Spire and just tear them inside out.

Edit: but knowing rdj and his love of machines im sure hed find that approach boring though lol

Edited by Lane Visitor

As far as I'm aware, the only new tracks (minus the vinyl tracks that were played live) was the Day For Night track and then the Primavera+Field Day one.

Two tracks at Primavera, though?

https://youtu.be/LCbCWxTwrVk?t=35m47s

Oh I like that.

Yeah that's a really nice groove and feel there, hope that does come out at some point. Lovely melody.

I predict it's going to be an album of much more experimental/abstract material.

I sure hope so, if its in the vain of the Txx trxx and the vinyls at the concerts i'm gonna freak out

yes just what I need !  :aphexsign:

YESSSSS

Like imagine him making an entire album with only softsynths, software samplers and drum sample kits etc. He could take cutting edge vsts like Serum or Spire and just tear them inside out.

Edit: but knowing rdj and his love of machines im sure hed find that approach boring though lol

Yeah I mean really the last full on digital stuff he did as far as I know was Tuss stuff, and that ruled. It was also like 10ish years ago. I get he loves geeking out on gear and exploiting hardware to it's fullest potential, and he's done some really amazing stuff, but software has really taken some big leaps since RDJ/Come To Daddy EP/Windowlicker/Drukqs era. I just want to hear what he'd do with it.

Edited by dankphaser

YESSSSS

Yeah I mean really the last full on digital stuff he did as far as I know was Tuss stuff, and that ruled. It was also like 10ish years ago. I get he loves geeking out on gear and exploiting hardware to it's fullest potential, and he's done some really amazing stuff, but software has really taken some big leaps since RDJ/Come To Daddy EP/Windowlicker/Drukqs era. I just want to hear what he'd do with it.

I thought the Tuss stuff was still mostly analog?

YESSSSS

I thought the Tuss stuff was still mostly analog?

It may be, I could be wrong about that. I think at least stuff like Deathfuck is almost surely digital.