IGNORED

Various Artists - Tribute to Wearing Headphones without Listening to Anything

Root5

NBS IM400 is really good

Yeah that track was stuck in my head all morning today! Cheetah vibes!

Also getting early Clark vibes from 'Grundig'. Love the angry dude screaming sample at the beginning of 'Lemon Lime'.

Love this compilation, great job WATMMites!

EDIT: Also really wanna know if any of these tracks were created without actually listening to them during the recording process. That would be really impressive and fascinating if so!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Also really wanna know if any of these tracks were created without actually listening to them during the recording process. That would be really impressive and fascinating if so!

Track 8 was mostly written in silence, though I did listen to it and spend a couple of hours fixing the most egregious errors before submitting it.

Mine was done by eye during the composing process, it was only during the mixing part that I heard what was going on :)

Same! mine was done in under half an hour! maybe should have put some more effort into it.. xD

Thanks for the kind words on Grundig Mr. Sanchez - they mean a lot  :emb:  I did listen to the track while producing it, the idea was to play the track without a keyboard (except for the piano bits of course) but the main synth line is generated by radio noises running through a MS20.

I've been listening to the comp another time and it's still growing on me.
Also Peace7, I would love to create a hip-hop song based on your track. Please let me know if you're in  :flower: 

Honestly I wasn't expecting something so emotional and at points genuinely beautiful, especially track 4. It's funny, it's intense, it's gorgeous, it's introverted, and it's the best WATMM comp yet. Love it to bits

O hey the things complete, and I'm on there :D

Took a good listen to the whole thing while cooking, everybody did a wonderful job. I like to imagine the first half of the album embodies someone listening to music, singing and clapping out loud, while the second half is the album ending and they forget to take there headphones off. Then that person dozes off with them still on, resulting in a terrible ear ache in the morning.

Thanks to everyone involved, this was a fun project to work on.

Yes, good work all!  You made mastering easy.  The artwork is unnerving in the best way possible.  Thanks again to Root5 for putting it together.

IDM tidbit: the main sample from which the majority of my track was composed was stumbled upon while I was wandering around wearing headphones without listening to anything.  I had no idea at the time just how IDM I was being.  It's also probably the coolest field trip sample I've recorded - wind blowing through some metal railing mimicking a tribal flute jam session FYITYVM.

Yes, good work all!  You made mastering easy.  The artwork is unnerving in the best way possible.  Thanks again to Root5 for putting it together.

IDM tidbit: the main sample from which the majority of my track was composed was stumbled upon while I was wandering around wearing headphones without listening to anything.  I had no idea at the time just how IDM I was being.  It's also probably the coolest field trip sample I've recorded - wind blowing through some metal railing mimicking a tribal flute jam session FYITYVM.

...and now I feel dumb really thinking it was flutes recorded while on a trip or something like that. Great work !!!

And thank you very much for the mastering btw :)

EDIT : my father (which is quite non-IDM) loved "a kind of lounge electro track on the comp", pretty sure he's talking about NBS IM400 so congrats to Envmod because that's kind of an achievement lol

heh life is beautiful!  :ok:   :nyan:

I think I read somewhere on here that bandcamp embeds don't work anymore?

Archived