IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Primavera Porto

atypic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest transmisiones ferox

aw yiss, hear more cowbells now

the more I listen to this track the more I feel how genius-bonkers it sounds. Hectic madness combined with calm-beauty. It would be intersting to hear it in a full album concept (if there will be one). Like imagine concept behind it? Thos one is hectic shit, now some weird goofy ambient piece, now more crazy stuff going in. And this all is in the concpet of badger?!

drums sound like RDJ era throwback rolls/fx

who the fu.ck knows what it really sound (my opinion) it wrapped in such mental quality-tempo/timing it is sounds from another league

aw yiss, hear more cowbells now

the more I listen to this track the more I feel how genius-bonkers it sounds. Hectic madness combined with calm-beauty. It would be intersting to hear it in a full album concept (if there will be one). Like imagine concept behind it? Thos one is hectic shit, now some weird goofy ambient piece, now more crazy stuff going in. And this all is in the concpet of badger?!

drums sound like RDJ era throwback rolls/fx

who the fu.ck knows what it really sound (my opinion) it wrapped in such mental quality-tempo/timing it is sounds from another league

It sounds new to my ears, but the sweeping hat/snare rolls + fx + random triplet bits sound very RDJ/CtD to me(like around 1:05) . I think it's just a little hat tip to that kind of beat programming from that time. Other drum parts sound more tuss/syro.

This video of him chattin with fans is making me swoon

He is so laid back its awesome. This was a special set wow. 

What i have heard of this set is incredible, i really wish this was the show with the live stream! It didn't seem like any of the shows were living up to Houston until Porto. I would have loved to experience this one!

What i have heard of this set is incredible, i really wish this was the show with the live stream! It didn't seem like any of the shows were living up to Houston until Porto. I would have loved to experience this one!

yes the porto one seems great so far!

"really good crowd actually... WAY BETTER than barcelona", haha. i'm wondering if he was aware of the filming or if the "i'm okay with it" was refering to some other picture taker. i mean it's really nice to see that kind of interaction, but also a bit strange to shove a cam in one's face without asking :-D. well, the coachella one was more creepy actually.

Is this the first time he plays Steinvord? At around 1:36:00

The ending of Backyard (at 1:38:00), is it actually Backyard or is it another track coming in? If it's Backyard then it literally screams Squarepusher.

EDIT: Oh nvm it IS actually Backyard since after that comes Mangle 11 and again, the ending of this version of Backyard sounds a lot like Squarepusher.

Is this the first time he plays Steinvord? At around 1:36:00

The ending of Backyard (at 1:38:00), is it actually Backyard or is it another track coming in? If it's Backyard then it literally screams Squarepusher.

EDIT: Oh nvm it IS actually Backyard since after that comes Mangle 11 and again, the ending of this version of Backyard sounds a lot like Squarepusher.

It's an unreleased Squarepusher track, it was first time played by AFX on another set, I think it was in Ireland a long time ago, early 2000's.

Edit: https://www.sendspace.com/file/q6rkk3

This is great to see.  I'd love a track id for the track around 2:30-3:30?  That's the one I picked out from a Facebook video as possibly original, but now I hear it better, and more of it, I think it probably isn't.  But I still love it.

damn, I wish this was the official streamed show rather than field day

pretend analog extmix is so damn good 

yes! from all i've seen this seems to be the greatest set track wise :-)

It was great. 
10 min after the end of the show he came out to meet some fans. I was too shy to take a pic or talk to him so we just kinda high-fived. Still good. He seemed really open and nice.

wow that track is super lush ! wonder why this guy didnt produce more.

Yeah, seconded. Which other set was this in?

Going for crazy prices on Discogs...

Shit, i had that stuck in my head since the concert. I swear I thought it was some unreleaed gem. 

This is great to see.  I'd love a track id for the track around 2:30-3:30?  That's the one I picked out from a Facebook video as possibly original, but now I hear it better, and more of it, I think it probably isn't.  But I still love it.

Ping, anyone know the track ID?

damn, I wish this was the official streamed show rather than field day

pretend analog extmix is so damn good

Just realised how ungrateful this sounds. I'm happy for whatever stuff the man wants to share

Archived