IGNORED

Nmesh - Pharma (double cassette)

^damn, wish I'd read this before the cassette sold out. Just had a quick scan through a couple of tracks and they even sounded great through my phone speaker. That was enough to convince me to buy.

I was expecting something more generic dreamy vapour wavy but got a 90s Virgin era FSOL vibe from one track. Also liked where White Lodge Simulation (Odd Nosdam Remix) was going.

Will have to content myself with the digitals

I thought this was a pretty good album. Some of the later tracks have a dark, spiralling vibe as Nmesh traverses the shadowy landscapes of 80/90s nostalgia. 

I did, however, think there were far too many tracks with long samples that didn't resonate with me - but that's a personal thing so I don't suppose it's really a valid criticism.

I'm not sure I would put his work at the pinnacle of vaporwave. I still find stuff like the MediaFired album and the haunted Mallsoft that Brokenlift does as the best but it's really down to how some artists can engage with you on an emotional level and others can't.

Pharma is still a great album though. 

There might be some more tapes coming out later on, at least that's the impression given by the facebook page comments

Orange Milk has repressed in the past, I'd be hopeful this would be case with Pharma

more of this please:

https://orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/track/white-lodge-simulation

acid baby goes hard

that was one of those tracks where I was like "fuckin hell I'm glad I'm not listening to this stoned"

Alex was kind enough to send me a few tracks a while ago and I'm pumped this is finally out. Like others have said, an awesome homage to 90s FSOL vibes. Hepatic Portal captures early 2000s mashup culture so well, super fun track.

Alex was kind enough to send me a few tracks a while ago and I'm pumped this is finally out. Like others have said, an awesome homage to 90s FSOL vibes. Hepatic Portal captures early 2000s mashup culture so well, super fun track.

Really? To me the archetypal "early 2000s mashup" was about taking two tracks that are instantly recognizable to most people and, for the most part, mixing the instrumental from one with the vocal of another. Not sure how that is being captured in this one which might as well be a Katy Perry remix because I've no idea where the rest is taken from.

It's one of my favorites on the album though, and it turns out he made it over 5 years ago. 52 views in five years...

I don't think there's an online archive of the whole Terminal Radio series sadly. Alex's contributions were excellent, but they were tremendous shows in general and I was proud to be a part of them.

Pharma: a handful of copies will be for sale through BLCR in a few weeks, and a repress is coming later in the year.

Really? To me the archetypal "early 2000s mashup" was about taking two tracks that are instantly recognizable to most people and, for the most part, mixing the instrumental from one with the vocal of another. Not sure how that is being captured in this one which might as well be a Katy Perry remix because I've no idea where the rest is taken from.

It's one of my favorites on the album though, and it turns out he made it over 5 years ago. 52 views in five years...

I get what you mean, I think the original scene kind of morphed into something different around 2002/2003 due to artists like 2manydjs/Soulwax, where there was more of an electro/IDM vibe with spliced up vocals from popular songs. This is doing something a bit different but it def reminds me of that electro/pop crossover from the early 2000s.

I get what you mean, I think the original scene kind of morphed into something different around 2002/2003 due to artists like 2manydjs/Soulwax, where there was more of an electro/IDM vibe with spliced up vocals from popular songs. This is doing something a bit different but it def reminds me of that electro/pop crossover from the early 2000s.

More straight up plunderphonics I suppose, even though it's in the vein of glitch and mash-up. Which lent itself well when he dove into vaporwave.

• 2 weeks later...