IGNORED

Nmesh - Pharma (double cassette)

Oh get that twat out of this otherwise perfectly respectable thread.

I dunno. I really respect his reviews. Often, I really hate his reviews (especially if it's an artist I really like) if he thumbs it down but when I look back in retrospect, more than often he was right. He has a very good approach to reviewing stuff with a long-term view - he doesn't get caught up in the hype.

I hate his YouTube aesthetics though. And I don't care for his YouTube persona either.

But, even though he often rates down stuff I like, he's more than often right. At least to me.

I dunno. I really respect his reviews. Often, I really hate his reviews (especially if it's an artist I really like) if he thumbs it down but when I look back in retrospect, more than often he was right. He has a very good approach to reviewing stuff with a long-term view - he doesn't get caught up in the hype.

I hate his YouTube aesthetics though. And I don't care for his YouTube persona either.

But, even though he often rates down stuff I like, he's more than often right. At least to me.

I just find him really, really awful as a person. I also generally dislike the idea of 'celebrity' reviewers. One thing I love about sites like Discogs and RYM plus the huge range of music blogs out there is the level playing field it's given to people's opinions, and I just hate that people seem to hold up or revere one person's opinions despite all that. 

I've also found every review of his I've watched really, wildly inaccurate and clueless, but maybe we've watched different ones!

So he reviews cassettes now? Fake ass hipster.

He's been reviewing tapes for ages mate. He did the Nmesh/t e l e p a t h split. The one with the jungle on the cover and jungle sounds throughout. Which he said sounded like a futuristic waiting room. lol.

I just find him really, really awful as a person. I also generally dislike the idea of 'celebrity' reviewers. One thing I love about sites like Discogs and RYM plus the huge range of music blogs out there is the level playing field it's given to people's opinions, and I just hate that people seem to hold up or revere one person's opinions despite all that. 

I've also found every review of his I've watched really, wildly inaccurate and clueless, but maybe we've watched different ones!

I agree. I think he would be an absolute insufferable person if you ever had the misfortune to meet him.

For me though, his reviews are generally well-balanced and true. He's often given poor reviews to stuff I've liked (simply because I've been caught up in the excitement of the moment) only often much later, do I concede he was right.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...