Digital mixers with multichannel USB audio

So fucking Roland hasn't updated the firmware for the $500 mixer I bought 3 years ago, and as a result it doesn't work at all with my mac anymore. Fuck Roland.

Are there any multichannel usb interfaces that don't go fucking tits up after 2 os versions? It's the 3rd interface I've owned to become useless due to normal system upgrades. It's USB FFS. It's a fucking standard. I'm sure Roland have outsourced all their driver development to some fucking mudhut in the Kazakh shit hills.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK  for $335 on eBay.  Have yet to receive it but it has pretty good reviews online -- will update once I get to use it a bit  I'm looking forward to ditching my Mackie 1202VL Pro with its scratchy pots.

what mixer is it? sounds odd that it won't work...i've got some well old roland/edirol USB and FireWire kit that still works absolutely fine on my Mac. you saying it literally doesn't work at all? like, won't even power up etc?

It's an Edirol m-16dx 

It still works fine as a mixer. It's just completely invisible to my computer as an input/output option. It's USB also FWIW.

Everything I have seen online about it looks like it's support has just been abandoned. Pro audio hardware manufacturers are the fucking worst for drivers I swear to god. Even worse than desktop printers...

I'm quite pleased w/ this Signature 12 MTK --  14I/12O over USB.  

The only annoying thing is that USB ins are pre-fader/eq but my current methodology involves just recording the main stereo mix while doing a live take so I haven't been bothered yet.

Using FX in the box and then routing back into the mixer for analog mixing has been a lot of fun so far -- the convenience of software FX/routing tapped into each channel of the mixer is very versatile.