IGNORED

Oats Studios - Neill Blomkamp's new film studio

ambermonk

just, pls, stay away from the alien!

Pretty sure his involvement in the Alien franchise already fell through. So you're safe there.

Pretty sure his involvement in the Alien franchise already fell through. So you're safe there.

ufff...good!

ufff...good!

ya.. thank fuck, the Alien franschise is guranateed to be top a+ good quality thanks to Ridley Mr Sir Scott

Maybe he should try filming a script written by someone who's not him or his wife. I think it would be good.

ufff...good!

ya.. thank fuck, the Alien franschise is guranateed to be top a+ good quality thanks to Ridley Mr Sir Scott

I'll do the fingering

• 3 months later...

I just came here to post that I watched the three latest Oats videos and let me tell you, they were all straight trash. I've lost all faith in this little venture. The last one is just... ugh. Look at this bullshit.

Edited by Gocab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Firebase didn't even make sense tho. Audiences today are too cynical to suspend disbelief for the sake of unadulterated enjoyment.

They basically were like, "let's make the protagonist a GI who automatically turns into a badass when he gets some super high tech weapon decades ahead of what was available in the late 1960s, then let's make the antagonist some local farmer dude whose family was killed by American collateral damage, and inexplicably acquires the power to transform into a monster that can destroy anything in its path."

What.

^^^ definitely agree. i think because his storytelling is so bad it never quite feels like it ever works properly eg. chappie

according to his twitch Q&A, he wanted to do rakka instead but sigourney weaver has already signed on to avatar so she was unavailable. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think maybe Blomkamp might be better off as an art director in the game industry, similar to Viktor Antonov's role with HL2 and Dishonored. Wonder if he'd consider that avenue.

I like neil, i just think he should stick to what he is good at, the visual effects side of things. If he teamed up with a really good writer and director and actually let go of that mad control he seems to want with everything we might get something special. While there were some cool ideas in this oats experiment i fear he has burned money for nothing in the end.

^ Absolutely. He should team up with someone with writing and/or directing talent. I don't want to see him fail or give up, because his artwork is exceptional. Just seems like he's trying to do too much on his own.

His directing seems fine to me, his scriptwriting not so much.