IGNORED

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

bendish

13 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

No. As a native German speaker I can tell you that the lisp is part of the experience. Try pronouncing "Pfropfen" or "Schöpflöffel"

Is Boris one of your lot then? Send more beer and techno to make up for it

Edited by drome
  • Like 1

Old Corbyn, zero charm, zero sense of humour, zero personality but bristling with bitterness and spite. Me thinks Boris is gonna destroy him, I look forward to seeing these two go head to head!

Will be jokes for sure.

Edited by beer badger

Just now, beer badger said:

Old Corbyn, zero charm, zero sense of humour, zero personality but chokka full of bitterness and woeful resentment. Me thinks Boris is gonna destroy him, I look forward to seeing these two go head to head!

Will be jokes for sure.

don’t think that’s fair. Corbyn has decent values. Not like that self serving tub thumping tory fuck wit 

• Haha 1

He's a real money saver

I just love the way everyone despises him other than the blue rinse nob head 0.19% of the UK that voted for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/18/bridge-940m-bill-boris-johnsons-mayora-vanity-projects-garden-bridge-routemaster-bus

Edited by bendish

19 hours ago, chenGOD said:

spacer.png

If Boris is an Ubermensch that makes Trump Captain fucking America. Bunch of bollocking ball bags.

As far as I'm concerned, the Tory party is going up inflames, Boris is just the next guy on the bonfire.

• Haha 1

Note that Quillette is a publication that is very right-leaning. This was just supposed to be a post showing their amazing powers of observation.

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Note that Quillette is a publication that is very right-leaning. This was just supposed to be a post showing their amazing powers of observation.

wow. thought they were taking the piss.

Ubermensch = fat cunt?

I've walked past him (on a canal towpath...), I'm just over 6 foot and he was significantly shorter than me, and obviously in terrible shape.

Imposing physical build only when compared to that little Chinese boy he flattened playing rugby

Don't hate me, and a little of Sunday beer talking but in a weird way I think only somebody as intelligent but equally eccentric like Boris will dig us out this Brexit hole we are in. I know it's not cool to speak in favour of a Tory politician but I just don't see any other way out. The wild card factor will work in our favour, I honestly believe that. 

(I hope)

12 hours ago, beer badger said:

Don't hate me, and a little of Sunday beer talking but in a weird way I think only somebody as intelligent but equally eccentric like Boris will dig us out this Brexit hole we are in. I know it's not cool to speak in favour of a Tory politician but I just don't see any other way out. The wild card factor will work in our favour, I honestly believe that. 

(I hope)

What are you basing any of this on?

people were saying same thing about trump being against the status quo and having what it took to shake things up. turns out when trump said "i want to build a wall" he meant actually wasting money on building a wall. i believe when pfeffel johnson said "we're going to leave european union no matter what it takes", i believe he means he will try to leave the european union no matter what it takes. 

Well, for what it's worth, you can read the following in multiple ways:

Johnson will begin his first full week in Downing Street by ramping up planning for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, with more than £1bn to be announced within days for preparations by Sajid Javid, the chancellor.

He sent out a raft of cabinet ministers over the weekend to talk about “turbo-charging” preparations as part of a publicity blitz, making clear that the UK will be heading for no deal unless EU leaders agree to replace the Irish backstop.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/28/boris-johnson-ifg-no-deal-brexit-crush-domestic-policy-plans

Most importantly, he's taking No Deal Brexit seriously and is trying to make sure everybody (especially the hard Brexiteers in his cabinet) get a clear picture where this is heading. I mentioned this earlier, I consider this an attempt to get the Hard Brexiteers on board to either call off the entire thing, or to take full responsibility. So, from where I'm standing, mr Johnson might actually play this the smart way.

The most important indicator for whether or not I'm on the right track, is the amount of bullshit that will be thrown into public from the government with regard to the impact of a No Deal exit. If the message appears truthful, I'm willing to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt. If it's a load of rubbish, he truly is the British Trump. Which I currently don't think he is. I believe he's got plenty of political acumen to play this the right way.

So, going forward, I expect Johnson to focus a whole lot on the No Deal exit scenario's. And in a serious and truthful way. To me this seems like an actual strategy that might work. Because I consider this the only option to get the hard Brexiteers on board. If it doesn't work, I wouldn't even put the full blame on his shoulders. As the situation before him being PM was already piss poor.

Remember, he's the guy who wrote two opinion pieces simultaneously: for and against Brexit. So he's a complete opportunist and/or pragmatist. He'll be probably saving his own ass in the first place. Under these conditions, that might just be a good thing.

Edited by goDel