IGNORED

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

bendish

It’s not politics..it’s the internet..

got to say this is so much more interesting than American politics right now. There’s depth to the fuckedness unlike the blatant of trumps plain racism and the dems pathetic vying for viral 

• 3 weeks later...

Official documents leaked on No Deal Brexit. Interesting to see what happens next ?

angela lansbury popcorn GIF

Britain faces shortages of fuel, food and medicine, a three-month meltdown at its ports, a hard border with Ireland and rising costs in social care in the event of a no-deal Brexit, according to an unprecedented leak of government documents that lay bare the gaps in contingency planning.

The documents, which set out the most likely aftershocks of a no-deal Brexit rather than worst-case scenarios, have emerged as the UK looks increasingly likely to crash out of the EU without a deal.

Compiled this month by the Cabinet Office under the codename Operation Yellowhammer, the dossier offers a rare glimpse into the covert planning being carried out by the government to avert a catastrophic collapse in the nation’s infrastructure.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/operation-chaos-whitehalls-secret-no-deal-brexit-plan-leaked-j6ntwvhll

• 3 weeks later...

For all of you that watched his absolute fuck up of a speech in front of the police recruits yesterday...now you get why this thread exists.

...aside from everything else utterly crap on display over the last 7 days 

Edited by bendish

14 minutes ago, goDel said:

painful.

must say i'm surprised about the guy fawkes reference. makes it sound like another troll campaign pushed by dark money.

no, this is stuff sincerely written by people I know irl

ouch

i hope they're otherwise decent peeps. what are you still doing on FB btw?

edit: i mean, get off of the FB. its the devil!

Edited by goDel

just seen a story claiming boris is considering breaking the law and leaving anyway, without a deal.

if true he is genuinely risking ending up in prison over this.

lol.

still think he's playing poker. or, as us EU-ians say: trying to negotiate another (impossible) deal. i still don't understand what he wants to do with the irish border. as long as there's nothing there, it's just playing poker.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:26 PM, bendish said:

For all of you that watched his absolute fuck up of a speech in front of the police recruits yesterday...now you get why this thread exists.

...aside from everything else utterly crap on display over the last 7 days 

He's doing George W. Bush.

Which kind of makes sense because Bush got away with a lot of shit because he seemed like an utter imbecile. He wasn't. He just seemed that way in the media, so people were willing to forgive a lot of his flubs. As long as you're not supposed to be smart, you won't look as much like a fool when you do something stupid...right?

i'm sensing a trend.. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/amber-rudd-resign-boris-johnson-cabinet-conservatives-brexit-a9096146.html

Amber Rudd has sensationally quit the cabinet – and the Conservative Party – accusing Boris Johnson of misleading the country over wanting to avoid a crash-out Brexit.