IGNORED

The Terror

Auditor

Initial pad reminds me of Prodigy - Out of Space. I've listened to this twice because I find it confusing. Would be very interested to hear someone rap over this. I like how you work and build a track because I can hear it's different to my own process. 

Maybe a bit too long for my taste. You could easily cut off a minute and it wouldn't hurt the track at all. Also, I wish that that shimmering pad (not the Out of Space one but the harsher sounding one) would get filtered away a bit at one point to make room for the rest of the instruments. That would also help breathe some life into it :)

I really liked this, it had a sort of cinematic flavor to it. In the beginning, it sounded pretty major to me, and whether that was intentional or not, I liked the contrast.

As for changes, I'd personally add a bit of light compression with fast attacks to some of the individual instruments, to bring out the sound a bit more without ruining the dynamics. Also, there were parts in the middle that sounded like it had electric guitar chords, if you spaced out the timing of the notes by very small intervals, I think it would a lot better.

I agree with Ord - this is begging for an mc to spit all over it. I like the trip-hoppy feel, though I'm not a huge fan of the tone of the synth stabs around 1:50 - feels thin and awkward compared to the expansive-ness of the rest of the track, but maybe that's intentional! My favorite bit is 2:50 - 4:00 but I'm a sucker for those weird drone-y swells. Would be a nice ending to the track, instead of lurching back into the groove, but that's just me. 

Archived