IGNORED

watmm Glasto thread

beerwolf

Seeing as nobody else has started one and it's less than an hour until The Mighty Radiohead walk on stage, maybe we could have a yarn about this years festivities (and perhaps what beer or beverage you're drinking)

just watched a bit of Elbow (don't care much for their tunes but a very good live band, especially a festival)

and killing a bit of time watching Lorde (mmmm, not sure, obviously not really my cup of tea but curious)

drinking a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 

Caught Radiohead, Thundercat, DJ Shadow, and (no shame) HAIM's sets. Will prob catch up on King Giz at some point too.

Gutted The Avalanches didn't allow their set to be covered. I did see them in the flesh at Bristol last week though, so not entirely devastated.

Well this thread never set the watmm pages on fire  :dry: so thanks for those who replied.

Managed to catch King Gizz for about 20 minutes until my sister who was round with my very young niece asked me politely to turn it off  (not even down). Watched a bit of The Dave Grohl Show for an hour until I fell asleep. A bit of DJ Shadow. And (as valleyinaire says no shame) I watched the whole of the Chic set which started off in the background but became the main focus after half an hour or so. Pretty incredible show. I've been told the Stormzy set is worth a watch? Might get round to it....

Sleaford Mods were pretty great. Not huge into Radiohead (I mean I have been in the past and appreciate that they are good at what they do) but their set was pretty incredible so all dues.

Else RTJ, Dizzee was pretty banging, new stuff sounds great. Returning to grime npw it's going big having denounced it so hard in the past is a bit hollow tho.

Haim sucking up to David Cameron that time was pretty shameful.

Sleaford Mods are a great live act, maybe the best I saw there a few years ago.

Archived