IGNORED

Elektron Octatrack MKII

https://www.elektron.se/octatrack-mkii/

"Octatrack MKII is improved, enhanced and modified. A better version of itself, built to mangle samples in demanding environments. Ensured by: high quality buttons and hi-res encoders, a crisp OLED screen with fantastic viewing angles, a professional contactless crossfader and an increased count of dedicated buttons.

This is Octatrack MKII. The ultimate tool for live performers. Available in August for €1449/$1349"

Edited by clarktrent

I'm soooooo excited! Can't wait for new effects, conditional trigs, streamlined sampling workflow, digital synth machines, drum synthesizer, ableton link compatible, overbridge and midi over USB, individual outs, and all the other stuff!!!

Preordered!

I'm guessing we'll see re-skins of the other boxes at some point too. I hope they could fix / improve a couple of things about the OT with this update. Maybe a new software for both versions. Being able to p-lock multiple steps at once like on the A4. I just want some way to automate the midi arpeggiator transpose across a whole section without having to dial it in every step. I know I can use the arranger for this, but I don't want to use the arranger, I want it in my pattern god dammit.

That being said I like the UI change. While this isn't a new product, just a better version of an old product, I still like it. It's a bit like how the squarp pyramid just got it's MKII, but it's the same OS with a few cosmetic/ergonomic upgrades. This at least has a number of different button changes, there is no "EDIT" button, and now it has more dedicated buttons so that you can go into edit page for various features with function key. It also shows me that elektron still cares about the OT and isn't going to stop supporting it or stop manufacturing it in favor of it's newer overbridge-capable sister products (I couldn't care less about overbridge).

It's fine, if I were to buy a new one I'd grab the MK2 but MK1 is fine for me for now.

This is mostly a manufacturing supply chain (and branding,making everything look similar just like they did with the last generation) thing I'm sure.  Updating all of their older gear to use the same encoders, switches, knobs and buttons  = fewer unique parts = larger orders of the parts they do need = lower prices on those parts. Makes perfect sense, and the UI tweaks and i/o upgrade are just a welcome bonus.

Are they going to continue selling the mkI for a while? Would be an interesting strategic move... if they want to see how users feel about the new Digitakt aesthetic, this is would be pretty damn close to an A/B test... 

Also provides a nice excuse to update the firmware, which I'm pretty happy about.

We're excited to introduce Analog Four MKII and Analog Rytm MKII. They are the successors to the analog synthesizer Analog Four and the analog drum machine Analog Rytm. The MKII versions are improved in many areas and offer several new features and upgrades.

Analog Four MKII is a four voice analog tabletop synthesizer. The sequencer gives total access to all aspects of the active sounds and the four CV/Gate outputs mean external gear can be controlled as well. The analog circuitry of Analog Four MKII has been thoroughly reworked and provides deep, clear and defined bass plus a more prominent analog overdrive/distortion effect. Integrating the Analog Four MKII with external gear and computers is easy thanks to dedicated audio outputs for each voice, two expression/CV inputs, and high bandwidth Overbridge. The aluminium enclosure, the durable back-lit buttons, the big OLED screen, the hi-res encoders and the dedicated quick performance controls are other notable enhancements. They make the workflow quicker and more efficient. The total Analog Four MKII package is very complete, and offers an experience as close to sublime you can get.

Analog Rytm MKII is an 8 voice analog drum machine and sampler. By combining analog drum synthesis with a digital sample engine and a sequencer, it offers vast beat sound design possibilities. Sampling with the Analog Rytm MKII is quick and effortless and perfect for adding a customized touch to any beat. General playability is stellar thanks to the large pads, the generous amount of dedicated buttons and the quick performance controls. High bandwidth Overbridge and two expression/CV inputs for external control further strengthen the Analog Rytm MKII case. The feel and look of the unit itself is stunning, thanks to the cast aluminium enclosure, the back-lit buttons, the hi-res encoders and the big OLED screen. All in all, the Analog Rytm MKII represents a major leap when it comes to beat making instruments.

Thanks, it finally loaded for me, lol.

Don't like the look of it much at all but it's cool that you don't need a separate thing to tilt it toward your face anymore, at least if you are cool with the 8 degree angle they give you.

I do like the extra outs. Sturdier encoders are cool too.

I wonder if it's cheaper to overhaul the hardware and leave the software as-is? Cos I guess that's what they're doing now.

ohhh ok, yeah I kinda do like the new A4 design tbh, maybe I'll save for one of those :P

edit: although, not sure about the built-in angle.. kinda makes it look a bit tacky, plus it doesn't look rackable?

edit again: cmooon monomachine mk3

Edited by modey