Sign in to follow this  
The Magic Autist

Elektron Octatrack MKII

Did I post this one already? It's pretty impressive:

https://youtu.be/PW6fE3Bw2Ow

Guitar processing only, no samples except realtime recordings.

No more sound if I don’t play (you can hear that at the end). Drum sounds come from guitar processing too.

Did I post this one already? It's pretty impressive:

Guitar processing only, no samples except realtime recordings.

No more sound if I don’t play (you can hear that at the end). Drum sounds come from guitar processing too.

Awesome. Yes, that's it.

Posted (edited)

Every video of the octatrack doing INSANE SOUNDS is just someone automating the comb filter.

Still love it and miss mine though.

Lol. Kinda true. I wonder why there aren't any decent live sampling videos.

Live sampling well is a lot harder than making weird noises with a comb filter.

Edited by RSP

Posted (edited)

Seriously. I think the main no-brainer feature is scenes and the xfader. Just too many possibilities. But live sampling organically is just so hard. The coolest thing to do that’s like live sampling is jamming and running your friends’ stuff through track 8, then p locking the filter and volume envelope/doing live fx.

Edited by sheathe

This machine is fakkn |£[email protected]¥!

... Level of craziness: Seal :)

Still messing with it in demo mode... cant wait to connect mnm and mduw to it. My silver thinity is finally complete! :)

Glad you like it :D

Anyone here still use their octatrack? It's still a great tool 

ive recently bought OT mk2 and it blows my mind every time i use it!

im thinking about selling my beloved MDuw... it's that good!

p.s. max macro tutorials as pure gold!

• Like 1

I finally got around to devoting time to my OT after nearly 2 years of mostly using it as a MIDI sequencer when I rarely did use it, and now I'm in love.

Paired up with my modular 🔥🔥🔥🔥

znZ3RCF.jpg

• Like 2

I’m just hoping I get a fence job this summer and make $6k. Then I will definitely get an OT2. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, xox said:

p.s. max macro tutorials as pure gold!

...hmmmm?

I would really like to have an OTmkii but don't think I would have the time to fully explore it. I still haven't dug super deep into the DN.

Anyone want to give some tips/guesses/insights into how you might go about creating a pattern like this that keeps changing in such a musical way?

I was struggling with trying to use conditional trigs, turns out I had to upgrade my Octatrack MK1 to OS 1.31! Lol I should have checked that. 🥴

Now I'm trying to figure this cool video out by the same guy (Ned Rush), I don't quite get why he has to route the first track through to the next tracks recording buffer. What does this do that a Neighbor track can't do? 

By running track 1 into the recording buffer of track 2 you can grab the audio from track 1 and further mangle it via track 2 (reverse the retrigged glitch that happens randomly or whatever).  A neighbor track is  only adding extra FX to your chain ( track 1 fx + track 2 fx vs just the 2 available via track 1) and doesn't allow you to change Rate/Start position of the audio among many other things.  

Thanks Hautlle! I went back and watched the video again following each step and doing it myself with an amen, replaying each bit so I didn't miss anything. I see now that neighbor tracks don't have the playback parameter menu (I feel like a playback parameter menu after stopping and rewinding that video so may times). I tried to implement it all again from memory on a new break and came up with some pretty hectic results. Maybe not that musical sounding but I find the endless variations you can get with these methods quite satisfying.

• Like 1

I like the result! Ive been using that technique since I got my mkii few months ago and it’s always instant fun-fun!

• Like 1

Yeah the only issue is that it plays the last recorded cycle of the track which means you can't use the technique for live inputs or in a live environment 

Posted (edited)

Could you use a Thru track on T1 -> Cue Out -> Flex live recording T2 and work from there?

Edited by Hautlle

Yes you could ! With my setup tho that isn't an option tho as I have the bus from my mixer going into AB and my drum machine into CD....

Clever workaround tho !

Crazy! Phencks!