IGNORED

More Reissues? Elseq Vinyl?

thetraqkt

So what are the chances of any more reissues or Elseq coming to vinyl? When they dropped they said never but if anything this group is full of surprises. 

Given the nature of Elseq itself I guess it's a 100% digital release. The only "repackaging" of Elseq I can imagine would be the release of volumes 2 - 5 on streaming services but even something like that seems unlikely to happen.

Other vinyl reissues would be great but I guess it's Warp's problem anyway !

I've been thinking of recording elseq 1-5 onto some hi quality metal tape cassettes with Dolby C or S, just for my own fun personal listening experience. I'm also curious as to what recording them to cassette would do to the sound… sure it wouldn't be as good as the originals, but you know how tape can sometimes give it this pleasurable sound…

I peronally doubt they would put this out on vinyl or cd, and honestly it would be kinda lame if they did, seeing as that would be going back on their word. I dig the fully digital release. It's what made me commit to investing in a hi quality DAP.

Repressings of the older stuff would be very welcome tho! While the pressing of Incunabula wasn't amazing, still nice to have it on vinyl, and Amber and Tri Repetae sounded incredible. I think listening to Amber on vinyl was what really made me get into that album much more than I ever had before.

I'm happy with Elseq on good quality digital formats. I can walk around with my HD Sony Walkman flacs and Bose QCThirtyfives's pumping Autechre right into the centre of my brain.

Simple but devastatingly effective.

I'd honestly like elseq to come out on CD, but given they haven't even released elseq 2-5 on other streaming platforms like mentioned above, I highly doubt it. Maybe 10 years later or something they'll get them to physical, other than that I'm not holding my breath.

the irony of recording something to some low-fi format, like tape, but in the most optimal way possible (high quality metal!? dolby s..whatevs). wouldn't it be better to actually use the worst quality tape/technologies available?

if you're going for low-fi, don't aim for medium-fi by optimising all these low-fi technologies ;-p

• 9 months later...

Bumping this now that there is a 12 LP box set coming at us this summer. The only elseq tracks that wouldn't fit on vinyl would be elyc6 0nset (five minutes too long - incidentally, about the length of the noise breakdown at the end) and mesh cinereaL (two minutes too long). Eastre would fit just fine, coming in at 22:16 - they're releasing gonk steady one on vinyl which is 22:25, so we know they're comfortable pressing at least that much to a single side of wax.

Personally, I'd have no problems with either a) vinyl edits of these two tracks to knock them down to below 23 minutes, or b) lower fidelity high capacity pressings for those two songs. I want this really badly, even though I already paid for the digitals based on the assurance that there would be no physical release. I'd go as far as to say that I feel a bit cheated that these NTS sessions are receiving a vinyl release while elseq remains digital only - I'm really hoping that these NTS box sets sell well enough that Warp is able to consider a vinyl press of elseq financially viable.

if you're fine with shit quality and need this so badly you could go ahead and make a lathe cut

If I was going to press it myself, I would just make edits of the two tracks that are too long. It wouldn't be difficult to pull out a few bars here and there from the midsections of both tracks to trim them down to size. I'd definitely prefer TDR artwork and proper mastering though.

elseq srelseq. What I really need is AE_Live in a fancy 9 CD boxset. It could be similar to the EPS. The covers are stellar (unlike elseq) and it's a shame to waste such a design for digital only medium...

I prefer the elseq covers, they are pretty unique

I don't .... they've been driving me absolutely crazy in trying to discern any kind of sequence in the design. Only thing I have so far after nearly two years is: Square in bottom left, top left, bottom right, top right, no square .... and that's it. tDr tell me the code !

Archived