IGNORED

watmming at the airport

brian trageskin

• 1 year later...

yeah it's not like i had done any thorough research to come to that conclusion. these days i wouldn't form an opinion based solely on one version of a story that contradicts the largely accepted consensus, without even being familiar with the details of the official story. i would first accept the consensus version as being true by default, because that's the rational thing to do when you're ignorant, then i would study the subject thoroughly and suspend judgment until i'm really competent in that subject

so i don't hold this opinion anymore, to be clear. because my knowledge of the subject is too superficial to form an opinion about it

• Like 1

also i forgot to add that holocaust denial should be tolerated and allowed imo, just like any other view, as long as you're not promoting violence towards other human beings

and btw, it's not like i believed the holocaust hoax was invented by jews, or that they did so to control the gentile masses or anything lol

• Like 1

I'll elaborate; I do not deny anyone's right to free speech, but allowing and/or tolerating active dissemination of disinformation and outright lies to distort historical events in service of hatred and discrimination, to allow or tolerate anyone to rhetorically sweep the systematic extermination of millions of civilians under the rug is nothing short of obscene, vile and inhumane. I think holocaust denial and revisionism is hate speech, and should be treated as such.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Facepalm 1

I’ve also found it difficult to do the Holocaust justice and find the time to properly deny it. So I’ve opted for denying some smaller scale atrocities like the Armenian genocide. It’s just as rewarding, just make sure you don’t pick something too obscure or there won’t be much to deny. 

Half of my family was annihilated during the Holocaust. My grandfather was a survivor, who was in Dachau. He was kept alive because he was a mechanic and he and his cousin stole a vehicle they were working on (his cousin knew how to drive). They escaped and helped some other Jews escape as well. 

When he got to the states he worked as a mechanic for the rest of his life. He didn’t really want to talk about what happened ever, but he did tell us all about how he had to watch his infant nieces and nephews have their heads smashed between cinderblocks, and several other relatives of mine killed and tortured in other ways. He did this so we would understand the horror, and accept all races/religions equally, and not allow history to repeat. I am pretty confident that the Holocaust was real.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dcom said:

active dissemination of disinformation and outright lies to distort historical events in service of hatred and discrimination

you're assuming that said disinformation is spread in service of hatred and discrimination, but while that's certainly true in many cases, it's not necessarily the case imo. coming to this conclusion didn't make me hate jews anyway, i didn't even hold them responsible for what i viewed as a hoax 

28 minutes ago, dcom said:

to allow or tolerate anyone to rhetorically sweep the systematic extermination of millions of civilians under the rug is nothing short of obscene, vile and inhumane

and from a revisionist perspective, that's circular reasoning. revisionists don't consider their view to be "obscene, vile and inhumane" because they don't believe in the reality of the holocaust, therefore there's nothing to be obscene about

i'm just explaining key points here, not advocating for this or that

36 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

you're assuming that said disinformation is spread in service of hatred and discrimination, but while that's certainly true in many cases, it's not necessarily the case imo.

There is a reason why holocaust denial is outlawed in several European countries, and I know you know that.

and from a revisionist perspective, that's circular reasoning. revisionists don't consider their view to be "obscene, vile and inhumane" because they don't believe in the reality of the holocaust, therefore there's nothing to be obscene about

This is exactly what I mean with rhetorical sweeping under the rug.

i'm just explaining key points here, not advocating for this or that

Right. Enjoy.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 6:55 AM, brian trageskin said:

jeez some of the girls are really hot. 

I was at the airport this week and 100% concur with this statement. maybe it's just because I haven't been out and about in so long, but I absolutely noticed just how many attractive women there are in airports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

so i don't hold this opinion anymore, to be clear. because my knowledge of the subject is too superficial to form an opinion about it

Let’s be clear, it’s not an “opinion” as to whether or not the holocaust happened. 
It’s a belief. If it rains, you can’t have the opinion that maybe it rained or didn’t rain. Using a word like “opinion” minimizes the entire context. 

• Like 1

And I think that’s enough of that.

Start a new topic about watmming at the airport, let’s leave out the silliness (by which of course I mean Holocaust denial).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2