IGNORED

My Body

zoix

Without directly comparing it sounds like you've added more variety to the beat programming, love the delay on some of the snares. The swooshy white noise sounds are nice. Still finding the vocoder a tad jarring (the pitch/interval) in the bassless area just before the final section.

Not a fan of the guitar initially, the melody is fine but I would get that off the grid of the rest of the track and make it sound a little more free floating like a hand-played solo, add more unexpected accidentals to give the section a peak of energetic climax.

Thanks for the feedback, some good advice here. I will look into it!

• 2 weeks later...

seksehhh track here bud. if you are looking to dirty things up, there are a number of ways although i have to question your intent for doing so.

you already have the vinyl noise sample going on and i will say, it fits nicely but the other sounds may come off as a tad too digital in juxtaposition.

maybe try layering your percs with sampled acoustic percs (not professionally sampled and clean)

like buy a shaker and record a shaker track yourself then process accordingly

also work to humanize your percs, everything is so metronomic. it cuts against the laid-back vibe.

laid back = swing

work on making the guitar come thru a bit more, it is fighting against the other sounds. bring down the fx on the EP and other instruments slightly when it comes in. I like it mono but you could mult the guitar and add some panning and fx to the different layers.

other than that, you're getting there with this track!

seksehhh track here bud. if you are looking to dirty things up, there are a number of ways although i have to question your intent for doing so.

you already have the vinyl noise sample going on and i will say, it fits nicely but the other sounds may come off as a tad too digital in juxtaposition.

maybe try layering your percs with sampled acoustic percs (not professionally sampled and clean)

like buy a shaker and record a shaker track yourself then process accordingly

also work to humanize your percs, everything is so metronomic. it cuts against the laid-back vibe.

laid back = swing

work on making the guitar come thru a bit more, it is fighting against the other sounds. bring down the fx on the EP and other instruments slightly when it comes in. I like it mono but you could mult the guitar and add some panning and fx to the different layers.

other than that, you're getting there with this track!

Thanks! Great advice. Will look at giving this some swing and fine tune the guitar and the overall mixing levels. Some multitracking on the guitar is a good idea.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

i posted my latest on Your Latest Creations subforum, "Audio and Video for the Arturia DrumBrute through guitar pedals", though it is not a fully realized song yet. working on finishing it up this week and next.

i recently migrated to a hardware based studio setup and am trying to make purely electronic music w/ minimal vocals.

my completed songs to date would probably seem out of place here so i am holding off on sharing until i get some idm-ish stuff out!

i posted my latest on Your Latest Creations subforum, "Audio and Video for the Arturia DrumBrute through guitar pedals", though it is not a fully realized song yet. working on finishing it up this week and next.

i recently migrated to a hardware based studio setup and am trying to make purely electronic music w/ minimal vocals.

my completed songs to date would probably seem out of place here so i am holding off on sharing until i get some idm-ish stuff out!

Ok will check it out!

Archived