IGNORED

Tangerine Dream (mega thread)

J3FF3R00

Perlieu, have you ever read 'Voices In The Dunes'? I'm guessing you have.

cheers for the general heads up here with this title, looks mint

discographies are immersive worlds in themselves & while this title aint cheap (£40+) have found a copy in me university music library of all places, gonna buy it regardless as its only on uber short overnight loan

gratefully appreciated!

The band's last really good soundtrack, Miracle Mile, has just been reissued as a 2CD package, the first disc being the actual score they delivered to the producers, and the second disc being a remastered version of the album that was released. It's obvious a lot of time went into their 'album' scores, as they all tend to have around 10-12 tracks, as opposed to the basic ones which are in the typical unsatisfying '20 short pieces' format, so comparing the two discs on this will be interesting. It's a good score for an excellent and sadly underrated film.

The band's last really good soundtrack, Miracle Mile, has just been reissued as a 2CD package, the first disc being the actual score they delivered to the producers, and the second disc being a remastered version of the album that was released. It's obvious a lot of time went into their 'album' scores, as they all tend to have around 10-12 tracks, as opposed to the basic ones which are in the typical unsatisfying '20 short pieces' format, so comparing the two discs on this will be interesting. It's a good score for an excellent and sadly underrated film.

Oh wow, I remember that movie. Weird one, had no idea Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack at the time but that makes total sense.

Tracklist for Quantum Gate has finally been announced!

01. Sensing Elements (13:34)
02. Roll The Seven Twice (6:26)
03. Granular Blankets (5:03)
04. When Everyone's Dancing It Is Time To Leave (6:36)
05. Identity Proven Matrix (5:19)
06. Non-Locally Destination (10:00)
07. Proton Bonfire (8:25)
08. Tear Down The Grey Skies (6:17)
09. Genesis Of Precious Thoughts (9:11)

Quite what track four is doing on a concept album about quantum physics I'm not sure...

• 11 months later...

Le Parc, their second album on the label and last with Schmoelling involved, is much poppier than anything they'd done to date, at nine tracks. As a fan of '80s pop I really like it, but it's hard to deny that it's somewhat generic in sound (some pieces could be backing tracks to pop songs of the day).

tl;dr: pretty good band.

i gotta say... I’ve been listening to this one (Le Parc) pretty hard lately.

I think this one and Exit might be my faves, of the ones I have (Phaedra, Stratosfear, Rubycon, Tangram, Force Majure, Le Parc and Exit), which are all great.

I just love the intersection in this era of classical melody, new age, 80s soundtrack montage and electro groove.

Stratosfear was my first one of theirs. I need Zeit. I’ve been a HUGE Popol Vuh fan for many years.

I’m catching up, slowly but surely!

Archived