IGNORED

Aphex Twin Speaks To Ex. Korg Engineer Tatsuya Takahashi, New Track "KORG FUNK 5"

Kennylogg Bubblebath

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally been able to listen to the track. Really nice melodies in that one. Wonder why this is being pushed by Warp though... Did this also happen with the Syrobonkers interview? Can't remember.

must make some time to get through the interview even though i probably won't understand anything of it.

Really heavy trains must start slowly before leaving the station and building up speed...
I can only wonder what this train will sound like once it hits full speed. Every clue hints to a totally new sound from the old Richard!

Isn't there anything you can tell us Joyrex without being cryptic? You must know something ?

Most likely an unpopular opinion, but korg funk 5 is potentially my favourite RDJ tune since Syro*

That main synth hook is proper addictive. Big love for when it harmonises with itself half way through the track.

*excluding soundcloud gems

jesus fucking christ, you gotta be kidding

Maybe a little bit lol

Oberheim, Umil, Ld Spectrum and Field Day A1 are my favourite post-Syro jams... but I honestly think this one is right up there with them.

it's funny cause he's just mucking about on it yet it's still an absolute face melter lol and because of the name people are gonna group it with Fenix Funk 5, which is a vastly superior track that he actually labored over lol

Yeah, it's pretty friggin cool. Not as cool as watching Devin Townsend demo some gear alongside Sandor Clegane and give birth to an entirely new sub genre of music however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H58V8r1_xFQ&t=201s

the fuck you on about
tumblr_nctxtw1H4D1qbdvgio1_500.jpg
Hail Sagan i appreciate your ceasless contributing to the cosmic giggle.

And for quoting me, sheathe how dare you not include my post in ur comment-stream. Fixt it for u tho :ok:

Through this thread and the Sonic Lab video I managed to find this, which is possibly one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard done with microtonal/polychromatic systems..

fuck everything about playing a controller like that though, I can barely cope with 12 notes to an octave, let alone 106 :O

Oberheim, Umil, Ld Spectrum and Field Day A1 are my favourite post-Syro jams... but I honestly think this one is right up there with them.

Awesome! These are my favorites as well :)

:aphexsign:

Gorgeous pieces, can you recommend some more piano comps like those?

There's more on this guy's channel: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/DieselBodine/search?query=quarter-tone

Speaking of RDJ, orphaned seleks are also pretty microtuned, hence the "melting bees" effect we talked about like two years ago. Simple slamming is my fav, especially the outro. 

Finally been able to listen to the track. Really nice melodies in that one. Wonder why this is being pushed by Warp though... Did this also happen with the Syrobonkers interview? Can't remember.

must make some time to get through the interview even though i probably won't understand anything of it.

Really heavy trains must start slowly before leaving the station and building up speed...
I can only wonder what this train will sound like once it hits full speed. Every clue hints to a totally new sound from the old Richard!

Isn't there anything you can tell us Joyrex without being cryptic? You must know something

It's looking quite likely that Reddit post about how many things he's going to release (and his previous statements) are going to bear fruit...

Isn't there anything you can tell us Joyrex without being cryptic? You must know something

It's looking quite likely that Reddit post about how many things he's going to release (and his previous statements) are going to bear fruit...

what reddit post

Honestly don't get the hype with the new track, a dull syro outtake for all I care. That ESQ demo was quite delicious though. Microtuning is good for discovering alternative intervals but compositions that utilize too many tones are insufferably wanky... kind of like that interview.

Damn ya'll jaded motherfuckers. Compositionally it reminds me of something off MfM with all the melodies playing off each other, especially 1:24 when that muffled line enters and the original riff returns doubled at 1:52. Just a fun romp. Feels good man.

that's a funky track. nice interview too. liked the discussion of tuning and different apps and general gear hound chatter which comes along w/the aphex interviews. 

Damn ya'll jaded motherfuckers. Compositionally it reminds me of something off MfM with all the melodies playing off each other, especially 1:24 when that muffled line enters and the original riff returns doubled at 1:52. Just a fun romp. Feels good man.

yes ! that part at 1:52 is pure AFX bliss  :aphexsign:

Archived