IGNORED

Aphex Twin Speaks To Ex. Korg Engineer Tatsuya Takahashi, New Track "KORG FUNK 5"

Kennylogg Bubblebath

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c/o AAAAh

PUivzvw.png

zole that one caught me off guard

edit:

It's a good track but the sameness of these Cirklon tracks is really dreadful. He needs to change sequencer and go back to making lush tracks that don't sound cookie-cutter.

definitely agree.. I guess this is what I was trying to say in my last post with me kinda losing the aphex hype, it's all sounding too similar for my taste... I do hope he's experimenting like crazy behind the scenes and hopefully we'll get to hear that someday!

Finally been able to listen to the track. Really nice melodies in that one. Wonder why this is being pushed by Warp though... Did this also happen with the Syrobonkers interview? Can't remember.

must make some time to get through the interview even though i probably won't understand anything of it.

Really heavy trains must start slowly before leaving the station and building up speed...
I can only wonder what this train will sound like once it hits full speed. Every clue hints to a totally new sound from the old Richard!

Isn't there anything you can tell us Joyrex without being cryptic? You must know something

It's looking quite likely that Reddit post about how many things he's going to release (and his previous statements) are going to bear fruit...

Can somebody give me a primer on what these would be?

Off the top of head.

SAW 1.5

SOSW 2.0

melodies from mars

soundcloud best-of, mastered.

"new shit" after he gets some of the older material out of the way.

what else? What was the reddit prediction?

sales pitch .. the pitch being microtonal some may miss it. nwae ,, good on our champ. i have no words that are negative to say about a fellow infinity tree traveler. Taking piss notwithstanding. If you can't take piss you're not a celt.

I think the other track is more enjoyable:

I also love the tunings for falling asleep, I bought the whole album

fun // who dat ? Yes, i'm outta tha loop.

Aphex Twin, also known as Richard D James, is a prolific electronic musician born in Limerick, Ireland. In 1991 he co-founded the legendary imprint Rephlex records. He has several releases among a fair number of aliases, though his main releases find their home on Warp Records under his Aphex Twin monicker. 

Aphex Twin, also known as Richard D James, is a prolific electronic musician born in Limerick, Ireland. In 1991 he co-founded the legendary imprint Rephlex records. He has several releases among a fair number of aliases, though his main releases find their home on Warp Records under his Aphex Twin monicker. 

and where is this from master bulk ... Your irony misses data that might be helpful to a newbifite such as i that hasn't read thread for many a moon. You can be the dude that helps me catch the .. up. ALso, hiii, you orsum [-;

oh. ok. 

uhm so the title thread is aphex twin speaks to ex korg engineer tatsuya takahashi (new track korg funk-5)

so he interviewed that guy, and the track was linked in the interview. =)

welcome back  :flower:

ahh, it's a different track than the original one that i have already commented on the welcome of. i didn't think that there was more material. Guess i should have checked the interview. but tbh i have no interest in people talking about hardware so i didn't check. It's like a conversation about trainspotting or something to me. yay, lets play guitar with one hand tied behind our back. heh. I get why people like it and my comment doesn't invalidate the interest or the obsession, by the same token their validation doesn't invalidate my disinterest and somewhat colourful dismissal. each to their own homes.

ahh, it's a different track than the original one that i have already commented on the welcome of. i didn't think that there was more material. Guess i should have checked the interview. but tbh i have no interest in people talking about hardware so i didn't check. It's like a conversation about trainspotting or something to me. yay, lets play guitar with one hand tied behind our back. heh. I get why people like it and my comment doesn't invalidate the interest or the obsession, by the same token their validation doesn't invalidate my disinterest and somewhat colourful dismissal. each to their own homes.

oh, gotcha sorry! I actually goofed there. thought you were commenting on the original one from the interview  :facepalm:  feel like a dick now haha

Ok, so the track you were commenting on (on this page) is part of a release that was grouped together with the interview track, for sale here - https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/86888-afx-korg-traxtunings-for-falling-asleep

Archived