IGNORED

Aphex Twin Speaks To Ex. Korg Engineer Tatsuya Takahashi, New Track "KORG FUNK 5"

Kennylogg Bubblebath

I just discovered something quite cool!  Listen to the little pattern he plays to demonstrate microtuning around 1:36.

It's from the new track Barcelona/London Field Day!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The track is "meh" at best. I mean it works almost, but it is just more of the same but not as strong as other tracks (of course you don't give away your best tracks to a synth manufacturer).

Come on, make a new track as good as "flim", "polynomial-C", "Heliosphan", "Supremacy II", "Polygon window" etc etc... You nailed the "funk" with "fenix funk", we don't need a crappier variant of it.

/spoiled with being knocked by ae every two years...

It's Richard who has spoilt us. I just don't get why every half-decent track should be worshipped as an act of god. He raised the bar so high with some of his best tracks so even he can't reach them that often anymore...

(Love the Korg monologue-features, it's everything I wanted to have 20 years ago, now u-he does the trick for me.)

Interesting: https://fo.am/midimutant/

midimutant

Made in collaboration with Aphex Twin, the midimutant learns how to program your DX7 synth so you don't have to.

Equipped only with a microphone input and midi output, the midimutant runs on a Raspberry Pi and uses artificial evolution to grow new sounds on hardware synthesisers that mimic an example sound you provide.

Coming soon: Source code and instructions on how to build your own.

Guess that's the genetic algorithm thing he was talking about a while back.

That's honestly really cool.

That track is fucking hilarious. Especially the vocal bits "korg" "monologue"

melody is catchy tho, Iike it. Also all that korg gear sounds real nice together. Makes me want a ms-20

COME ON YOU SPOILED CUNTS LET'S HAVE SOME AFX ACID

Nice find!  I think it's safe to presume this came from RDJ as well.

Awesome gear track, along with the Atlantis song we got back in April. Interview was also a very interesting read and really goes to illustrate how much both men here really seem to care a lot about their respective crafts/hobbies. Also thought it was funny that Richard ended the interview by posting this link

https://dood.al/pinktrombone/

which I shared on his SC a couple months ago, though knowing him he probably found out about it and was messing around with it long before then.

I just discovered something quite cool!  Listen to the little pattern he plays to demonstrate microtuning around 1:36.

oh snap, nice find.

midi n00b question, but can you output the sequences from the monoloque to other gear to have it playback the microtuning scales on other machines? 

Awesome gear track, along with the Atlantis song we got back in April. Interview was also a very interesting read and really goes to illustrate how much both men here really seem to care a lot about their respective crafts/hobbies. Also thought it was funny that Richard ended the interview by posting this link

which I shared on his SC a couple months ago, though knowing him he probably found out about it and was messing around with it long before then.

oh snap, nice find.

haha this is ridiculous funny somehow

oh snap, nice find.

haha this is ridiculous funny somehow

Just for the record...

:trollface: 

Bonus Monologue riffing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU0Xi1-FDK9/

FUCK YES that new track is fucking awesome. As short as it is I feel like this is the most fleshed out track we've heard from him since Syro. Am I wrong? Those expansive wobbly pads and ecstatic innocent melodies held together with some tight af programming are everything I love the most about the best RDJ tracks. I need a whole album of this.

Ctrl+F with keyword 'tuning' = 45 matches

"Richard, what would you like for dinner?"

"Pasta with microtuna LOLz"

Effin brilliant track (and interview)

This interview made my day. I love reading technical stuff like this. It's like manna from heaven. Great track, too! I have some of that Korg equipment but will never manage to make it sound that good... :-/

This interview made my day. I love reading technical stuff like this. It's like manna from heaven. Great track, too! I have some of that Korg equipment but will never manage to make it sound that good... :-/

Yeah, really interesting about his methodology regarding pitch, altering the master tuning and getting away from the 440hz standard. I'd be excited to read more on the subject.

Archived