IGNORED

Aphex Twin Speaks To Ex. Korg Engineer Tatsuya Takahashi, New Track "KORG FUNK 5"

Kennylogg Bubblebath

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol 432 hz

but i always feels like there's a little truth to his trolling in interviews. like he probably finds deviating from 440 hz refreshing or whatever even if it doesn't recharge his jo crystals. like even if he never did lucid dreaming he probably was going for an aesthetic like that around saw ii

Now I really want it because of the microtuning feature. I've been experimenting a lot with tuning lately.

sorry i just think that the lucid dreaming stuff in interviews had more mileage, like you could just interpret it as 'realize the music of your dreams', the conspiracy stuff seems contrived by comparison if it is PR stuff. like what's the deeper meaning? lol internet?

it's funny cause he's just mucking about on it yet it's still an absolute face melter lol and because of the name people are gonna group it with Fenix Funk 5, which is a vastly superior track that he actually labored over lol

thought that new album stuff could have been done with the korg microtunings.. I still struggle to hear the micro tunings in most of his other material but saw2 could be the main offender. 

Im not a fan of the korg / roland budget synths theyre bringing out.. sure the volca beat sounds fresh here but i found theyre only good for a tune or two before you get sick to death of them.. But i understand some people just love to noodle.

those sequencers must be crazy, would love to get on when im not a bum

thought that new album stuff could have been done with the korg microtunings.. I still struggle to hear the micro tunings in most of his other material but saw2 could be the main offender. 

Im not a fan of the korg / roland budget synths theyre bringing out.. sure the volca beat sounds fresh here but i found theyre only good for a tune or two before you get sick to death of them.. But i understand some people just love to noodle.

those sequencers must be crazy, would love to get on when im not a bum

The Volca Beats isn't the best drum machine, but I've gotten tons of mileage out of the Bass. It's great for adding in a bit of beefiness to other parts and also acid basslines.

It's how you use it innit, the Beats has a wicked 808 kick but all the other sounds are kinda meh (still gotta do that snare mod!), esp as the unit as a whole is really weirdly EQed, it's set up to sound better from the internal speaker so has little high end if you run the master out into a mixer... you really have to crank the highs

I use mine pretty much to get a great kick and let other drum machines pick up the hats/snares etc

It sounds good in this track though, makes me realise how much it would benefit from a decent MIDI sequencing session as the sequencer is fun for jamming but a bit limited to make proper tunes

Gotta say, I REALLY want a Minilogue now, the microtuning is awesome! Good job Korg/RDJ, haha

The interview is pure gold mining. Full of ideas, inspiration, intradesting links.

Also, loving the genetic to synthesis idea. And the microtuning. Plus the track. The track is a demostration of doing a Syro-sketchtrack with a 400USD synth budget in two days. I love every bit of it.

Haters just need some quality sex...

Thanks Rich!. Please do more interviews like that and the syrobonkers one!!

Great interview, Takahashi is a switched-on dude. The monologue is a beautiful looking and sounding bit of kit too.

I bet any money that when RDJ's talking about synthesizer demos, he's got Ignacio Marty in mind (sorry, I post links to this all the time, but they're so great):

Does anybody else feel that fieldday track 1, sequentix track and korg funk 5 would be a really nice release?

my artisanally curated flacs are in that order right now and it works p well!

Great interview, Takahashi is a switched-on dude. The monologue is a beautiful looking and sounding bit of kit too.

I bet any money that when RDJ's talking about synthesizer demos, he's got Ignacio Marty in mind (sorry, I post links to this all the time, but they're so great):

Love that. Cheers for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3o0ZlGSU8

Love that. Cheers for sharing!

Yes, great tune !

That´s the fucking grandfather of the Tuss. Great finding, sure it´s in his 80´s demos collection.

Hey richard, share you full collection, you bitch!! We wanna hear

it's funny cause he's just mucking about on it yet it's still an absolute face melter lol and because of the name people are gonna group it with Fenix Funk 5, which is a vastly superior track that he actually labored over lol

Yeah, it's pretty friggin cool. Not as cool as watching Devin Townsend demo some gear alongside Sandor Clegane and give birth to an entirely new sub genre of music however. 

Archived