IGNORED

Gearslutz - Q+A with Aleksi Perälä - 14-28 July

just noticed this, might be of interest

gearslutz regularly get guests in to talk about techniques, equpiment, etc

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/
Aleksi Perälä, one of the modern innovators in electronic music, is joining us for a special 2-week Q+A! He has been producing uncompromising techno and other music for 20 years (mainly for Rephlex and Clone Records), and is known for his use of unusual non-Western scales. Runs from 14-28 July - submit your questions today!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a member of gearslutz.

Could someone ask him if he could imagine a Colundi environment made of an Elektron Digitakt and a Korg monologue?

Based on the recent interview/dialogue between Aphex Twin and Tatsuya Takahashi, it seems like the monologue can handle Colundi tunings, and you could sample these into the Digitakt, make grooves with the 8 tracks, then solo on top of these with the monologue.

Pretty cheap price point.

"They didn't build massive structures like the great pyramid and just put any random size sound healing rooms inside. They must have been generally so much more aware of the power of sound at specific frequencies. I feel that we as humanity have lost most of that knowledge and now colundi is bringing it back."

Give me a fucking break. Did the Rephlex roster all buy a mountain of DMT and jump down the same rabbit hole?

"colundi was first channelled to earth via the cyclops, the ancient egyptian/mesopotanian<->south american civilizations, wisdom passed via Flavius Claudius Antonius, arriving in Britain at the end of the Dark Ages. Discovered in the tomb of Saint Edward King and Martyr by John Wilson-Claridge towards the start of our last century, then presented to Grant on his 33.3rd birthday by the elder colleagues, owing to his/colleagues' exploration and propagation of braindance thusfar. so continuing the old work was vestigial; because it was complete."

Gotta be the best troll of all time

Idono... I believe he meant it. After all he made tones of music based on that system. He must had reason for that.

I am not a member of gearslutz.

Could someone ask him if he could imagine a Colundi environment made of an Elektron Digitakt and a Korg monologue?

Based on the recent interview/dialogue between Aphex Twin and Tatsuya Takahashi, it seems like the monologue can handle Colundi tunings, and you could sample these into the Digitakt, make grooves with the 8 tracks, then solo on top of these with the monologue.

Pretty cheap price point.

Lol also I gotta say wtf? If you want cheap microtonal get a tx81z and literally any midi sequencer. Hell, for that "price point", get 10 tx81z's, you'll be in god damn colundi heaven.

Didn't mean to kill this thread. It's just that asking questions like that about gear that was so recently released is sooo cringe-ily reddit that I had to say something. Please carry on. Or not. I'm sorry.

I have begun a lol that I seriously cannot halt as I read through this. If I read this right....

Q: literally anything

A: colundi is love, colundi is life

There's still 11 days to go.

They've basically killed the Q+A thread because of these responses.... 

Why bother asking a question when the reply might be related to what you've asked

"What did you used to talk about and do before Colundi? Pre-Colundi"

(actually dont say pre-coluni because he will focus in on that and say "Colundi has always been")

loved this quote tho:

"I hardly listen to any music anymore. Silence is golden.
Also, I'm a colundi purist, a colundi guinea pig, and an addict. When I listen to something it better be colundi! I'm so immersed in it there is no going back."

Archived