IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Add Violence

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I missed they had a kid. 50 year old dads are so 21st century.

They have 4 kids

damm stalker

I think he hates them, have you see what they've been called?

Had a listen on the way to work, it's alright. I'm not sure why he's made it so lofi, sounds like there are no frequencies above 10khz in almost the whole EP. It's that same kind of fake lofi sound that ruins stuff like Ariel Pink for me..

Had a listen on the way to work, it's alright. I'm not sure why he's made it so lofi, sounds like there are no frequencies above 10khz in almost the whole EP. It's that same kind of fake lofi sound that ruins stuff like Ariel Pink for me..

vintage gear

Totally, It's weird, cuz the music and production itself on these recent nails releases are totally commercial and modern alt rock sounding, but they always have these filtered rolled off highs sound that just seem out of place. It's as if Trent's making up for the lack of artistic originality, edginess or uniqueness by just slapping a low pass filter and using slightly different distortion presets. It sounds really tired at this point. And the drum machine and programming all sound really safe and boring to me. I just want to hear raw energy, a focus on melodic construction and emotion and unique delivery and personality. It would actually be rad if there were live drums again and a more stripped back or hybrid approach like they used to sometimes. I think that's what made The Fragile, TDS and Broken so great. I actually liked the sound on The Slip, and would love another release thats sort of brutal like that. 

Angry VampireMan With Buffalo Neck Makes Industrial Gothic Rock still gives him a bit of a hard-on so he carries on?

I dunno, I just can't connect ​with it nowadays. Like Rubin says he's an uber rich business man nowadays so the rebellion comes off as a bit of a fake-ass charade.

It all sounds good but in the end essentially means nothing.

kG6YpiE.jpg

You are the perfect band the perfect band the perfect band.

YOU ARE THE PERFECT BAND THE PERFECT BAND THE PERFECT BAND

*amensnarerush*

what kind of rebellion shit are you guys talking about,  enjoy the music !

I would, but I've heard it before.

I hope so , otherwise it would be another band

CHUT UP

CHUT UP

DDOF2guXgAAheCY.jpg

Thanks for mentioning The Perfect Drug on the last page, I just pulled it up as I haven't heard it in years. Really wish there had been an album more of that tone, sort of like what he was doing with MM around that era, that wasn't as 'emotional' and light as he went with The Fragile. Like a TDS pt 2 almost, but a little post-angst and more experimental and still very energetic, before he went full on double album super meaningful grand rock stature. The Fragile is great but it's just so bloated and sucks energy more than gives energy....wait what is this thread about? Oh that new shit. Yeah, haven't listened to it yet.  :cerious:

Archived