IGNORED

Lee Gamble - Mnestic Pressure

cear

Excellent album, listened through twice. Well worth the wait. Live stuff off recent gigs in YouTube looks and sounds well good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God DAMN this album needs more love, I adored every second of this! Super mystifying sound design that's used throughout this album in such a unique way, Swerva and Ignition Lockoff had me gawping lol

BIIIIIG AOTY contender for me~ :w00t:

Agreed, stunning album. AOTY for me hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a first listen.  Pretty great first impression.  The only one that didn't gel for me was the one with the tyre screeching sfx (23 Bay Flips).  Will give it a few more listens.

This is excellent. Doesn't disappoint which is nice considering the last few albums I had big expectations on did

Same here - def one of those albums you immediately want to play again after first listen.

i'll rephrase: this release sounds like it's rehashing the same sonic territory that I thought was explored more interestingly in Herva's release from earlier in 2017. Would be nice to listen to them side-by-side and do a comparison.

edit: @ blank. I honestly think we just go into different threads on this forum because I speak lovingly and positively about lots of new music I just don't think you read them. I don't log on to be "nice" I log on to talk about music and some of it is great and some of it is bad.

Edited by dr lopez

Never checked out Lee Gamble before but enjoying this very much 

Also never heard of Herva (sorry am not down with the kids no more) but if its like a better version of this think I will check that out as well! 

Had mega enthusiasm for Koch but that seemed to evaporate after a few listens, so I was going to give this a miss tbh, until spied a mega 4.6 from RA so gave it a spin. Afraid I got that feeling I get on a regular basis Why didn't I just listen to Autechre instead?​ 

​I'm kind of moving away from mass-consumption of electronic music really, so I'm trying to spend my time wisely when I do. Being diplomatic and trying to keep the peace (not in the mood for a ruck today) I'd say I can see exactly why watmm would be into it.

Edited by beerwolf

Never checked out Lee Gamble before but enjoying this very much

Also never heard of Herva (sorry am not down with the kids no more) but if its like a better version of this think I will check that out as well!

check out his last two releases for planet mu, they will not disappoint.

Lopez is prone to hyperbole!

I've listened to this a couple of times - it's pretty good.Not finding it as amazing as you lot but I do love Swerva. Quadripoints can fuck off with it's Fruity Loops arpeggiator tutorial nonsense though.

This is my second time listening to this all the way through, and I'm still not sure I 'like' it? I like lots of parts of it, and the variety is good, but I keep wondering if I actually like it or not. I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just keep thinking "I want to listen to this again, but I'm not 100% sure how much I actually enjoy it."

Parts and some tracks I definitely enjoy, but it's still sinking in I guess. It's most definitely interesting, no doubt about that.

"I want to listen to this again, but I'm not 100% sure how much I actually enjoy it."

But that's how I feel about a lot of albums that I end up falling in love with!! Edited by kirm

• 3 weeks later...

The final third of this album is killer, the rest I'm not completely sold on yet.  (IMO) Too much sound design-y focus leaving other compositional aspects lacking, harking to recent/ish feels re: ISAM and Object's Flatland.  Will give this more spins tho on the chance that it might click, as albums have been known to do.