IGNORED

Lee Gamble - Mnestic Pressure

cear

fuck-you-spotify_o_1000842.jpg

Well, if you pay a meager fee you don't have to listen to the ads you entitled cunt who made that meme. Kids these days! Edited by Gocab

I;m on the verge of buying this. Been streaming for a while now and it's one of those albums that has a weird, subliminal hook that kinda keeps drawing you in. I think its time to pick up the wax. Looks like a nice package.

Yeah nothing drew me back to the album really, shame. Koch is the better release. Also agreed on the Flatland comparisons, so disappointing. Ratchet still 10/10 tho

Gave it my first listen and have to say that it's really taking me down a musical journey. Been a while since I felt this way about an album. More convinced about the second half of the album though, first part didn't really do it for me.

Well, if you pay a meager fee you don't have to listen to the ads you entitled cunt who made that meme. Kids these days!

Yeah this 'meme' seems either ironically self-aware or just dumb. Bitching about Spotify ads is about the douchiest thing I can think of. Either don't use the service or pay $10 a month for legal instantaneous access the literally the biggest library of music in the world.

Well, if you pay a meager fee you don't have to listen to the ads you entitled cunt who made that meme. Kids these days!

Yeah this 'meme' seems either ironically self-aware or just dumb. Bitching about Spotify ads is about the douchiest thing I can think of. Either don't use the service or pay $10 a month for legal instantaneous access the literally the biggest library of music in the world.

soulseek though

on topic: I have listened to this album exactly once

• 4 weeks later...

put this lp on today for the first time since I first spun it, and it really clicked. might just enjoy it more than his last, certainly one of my fav releases this year.

• 4 years later...

Prefer Koch to this but after letting it grow on me for a bit I've come to the conclusion that this was yet again a triumph for gamble. Sucks that I found out who he was last year

19 hours ago, nikisoko said:

i like this record quite a lot but lee gamble has a bit of an annoying millennial thing going on 

What is the 'millennial thing's you're talking about.

Maybe this is a hot take but I listen to gamble way more often than ae. His works are experimental as shit yet for some reason very accessible to put on, even if you only wanna listen to a couple tracks.

23 hours ago, kuniklo said:

Yeah this is a great record. Sits next to Autechre on my mental shelf but less annoying than Ae often is.

So I get what you mean when you're saying this!

3 hours ago, thumbass said:

His works are experimental as shit yet for some reason very accessible to put on,

i think that’s the bit that bugs me. the very highly referential stuff like those little dnb moments that are layered in top of 80’s ambient pads and whatnot. it’s also what makes it good. may have been more of a drunk/tired take than a hot one. i don’t have anything against lee gamble really. talented dude

• Like 2