IGNORED

Squeeze Up

Auditor

god i love the atmosphere in this. creating a room and then destroying it with crisp percussion. the delay on the synth pads is lush af, and the that little stuttery percussive vocal(?) in stereo worms its way into my brain like a parasite. at certain times it feels like another synth is trying to claw its way out but gets crushed by the rest of the track, not sure if that is intentional or not, it sounds kinda stabby? anyway, i want to hear more of it. 

nice work.

The start of the track reminds me of the static from the alien spaceships in Independence Day  :trap:

I think that the granular sound is a bit too loud when the rest of the track comes into play although that could be its purpose? This reminds me a lot of a stoned, hazier Boards of Canada. Nice one  :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

I could blab on about how I would do things differently, but I am sure you don't want any of that shit, I get what you are doing here though, beats are secondary to those huge walls of atmos in this track, and all the input I have really is that it's an inspiring track. It's a little bit boc to me (not a bad thing) so it mellows me out, wish I had better cans for it though. As always it's great work from you, thanks for sharing mate!

• 1 month later...

Nice traditional 808 snare use, reminds me a bit of Phil Collins 808 tone which I love. Sorta like a SAW2 track with a beat, really awesome chords and microtonality, very nice little chemical brothers-ish acidy sound in the middle, really good!

I like the general feeling of the track, makes sense to compare it to BoC as others have.

With regard to the overarching granular sound that others have mentioned as well, for me it would make more sense for it to have more melodic interplay with other elements in the song, right now it sounds a bit too random and I guess it's my not-too-IDM brain that is having trouble with interpreting it. :)

And the second half of the song I kept wanting to add some extra melody, maybe a solo, because it felt a bit too repetitive.

Archived