IGNORED

beatless vordhosbn

marian

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I've watched this probably 100 times and I still can't figure out what's going on.

Can anyone on here explain it?

I've never used a tracker, but I've watched plenty of videos of jungle/dnb being made on one, and those I can grasp, they seem  much more simple and linear than the process RDJ is using here.  

Are most of the sounds derived from just a few short samples, just triggered/looped/pitched differently to form the various parts?  

What are the colored vertical lines that seem to scroll back and forth across the waveforms? 

Are most of the sounds derived from just a few short samples, just triggered/looped/pitched differently to form the various parts?

Yep yep (and yep)

What are the colored vertical lines that seem to scroll back and forth across the waveforms?

That's the same sample being triggered several times. More 'modern' trackers like PlayerPRO allow polyphony, so in the video you can see the playhead (the coloured vertical line) of the sample playback in various positions simultaneously.

• 2 months later...

As in all the instruments are created from short samples (The main melody being a sample called 'FWmello') which gets played back at different speeds to create the different notes. As opposed to being something like a VSTi or external synth being triggered by MIDI

As in all the instruments are created from short samples (The main melody being a sample called 'FWmello') which gets played back at different speeds to create the different notes. As opposed to being something like a VSTi or external synth being triggered by MIDI

oh ok lost in translation cause you said samples from the video... my bad... :^)

Ah yeah, missing a word or two making the sentence not really make sense. I should've written: "Watching the video it looks like the whole thing is made from samples"

Archived