IGNORED

Lada Laika - Summit Avenue Tracks

Lada Laika

Listened to it on a walk this morning. Made for a pleasant soundtrack under the magnolia & dogwood canopies cutting shadows across the blazing fucking Florida sun. It reminds me of mid/slow tempo Aphex. 

I don't remember exact track highlights because I wasn't looking at my phone, but I'm pretty sure Burulyn was my favorite. Overall, I enjoyed the longer tracks the most. These were mostly solid compositions, and I could tell that you spent a good amount of time on them. 

However, I am not the best person to review this album. As you can probably tell by the tracks I've posted, I don't really dig crisp/classic electronic sounds. I like grit, dirt, mangled samples, and general audible decay. This album was clean and snappy, with classic acid themes running in and out (which imo is excellently assembled for that genre), but isn't something I would listen to on my own whims. Therefore, I would seek thought out critiques from other users that dig that type of sound.

That being said, I can definitely appreciate that amount of hard work that went in to these compositions, and I commend you on that! 

Listened to it on a walk this morning. Made for a pleasant soundtrack under the magnolia & dogwood canopies cutting shadows across the blazing fucking Florida sun. It reminds me of mid/slow tempo Aphex.

I don't remember exact track highlights because I wasn't looking at my phone, but I'm pretty sure Burulyn was my favorite. Overall, I enjoyed the longer tracks the most. These were mostly solid compositions, and I could tell that you spent a good amount of time on them.

However, I am not the best person to review this album. As you can probably tell by the tracks I've posted, I don't really dig crisp/classic electronic sounds. I like grit, dirt, mangled samples, and general audible decay. This album was clean and snappy, with classic acid themes running in and out (which imo is excellently assembled for that genre), but isn't something I would listen to on my own whims. Therefore, I would seek thought out critiques from other users that dig that type of sound.

That being said, I can definitely appreciate that amount of hard work that went in to these compositions, and I commend you on that!

Thank you so much for listening, and for the in-depth critique! This was my first foray into the acid stuff, so even though it's not your speed I'm glad you were able to wrangle some enjoyment out of it.

Now that this thing is in the bag I've actually started to explore dirtier territory, so all I can say is that you should stay tuned, and I very much appreciate having you as a listener.

Oh hey, this is sweet. Will definitely give it a proper listen on my speakers and headphone things later! Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! Not usually super into dry/crisp computer music, but I think it works quite well for you here. The sounds are good, cohesive style overall, and the melodies and the songwriting shine. I think my favorites are Transsister (nice pun too), Burulyn (Automatic Tasty's Tweeter's Mid-life Crisis is an all time favorite, so I have a soft spot for these kinds of sounds.), and Ursine (love the kind of melancholy mood and sounds on this one, with the goofy sound effect synth)

Good work, looking forward to more!

I like it! Not usually super into dry/crisp computer music, but I think it works quite well for you here. The sounds are good, cohesive style overall, and the melodies and the songwriting shine. I think my favorites are Transsister (nice pun too), Burulyn (Automatic Tasty's Tweeter's Mid-life Crisis is an all time favorite, so I have a soft spot for these kinds of sounds.), and Ursine (love the kind of melancholy mood and sounds on this one, with the goofy sound effect synth)

Good work, looking forward to more!

Thank you so much for the kind words, and for listening! 

Nice work dude, couple of things I've noticed...

1 - Volume. The sounds are mixed pretty well (I don't know much about this...) but some of the sounds come across as too loud and slightly abrasive (maybe it's just my ears?) so I'd look to turn these down/use more of a cut-off filter/add more reverb. 

2 - I prefer your quieter/downtime/breakdown parts. When you don't have a lot going on in your tracks I feel like the sounds breathe a bit better and personally I prefer these parts. Obviously this is just my opinion though :) Dial which is coincidentally on as I type is a great album ender and probably my favourite track. 

Nice work dude, couple of things I've noticed...

1 - Volume. The sounds are mixed pretty well (I don't know much about this...) but some of the sounds come across as too loud and slightly abrasive (maybe it's just my ears?) so I'd look to turn these down/use more of a cut-off filter/add more reverb.

2 - I prefer your quieter/downtime/breakdown parts. When you don't have a lot going on in your tracks I feel like the sounds breathe a bit better and personally I prefer these parts. Obviously this is just my opinion though :) Dial which is coincidentally on as I type is a great album ender and probably my favourite track.

Thank you for listening and for the feedback! Volume (overall) was definitely one of the biggest things I struggled with on the master, and I'm sorry it's abrasive for you. This is the first big project I've mastered, so there were definitely growing pains!

Glad you like Dial, it's my dark horse favorite, personally, and I may end up putting out a whole album in that vein at some point... spoilers!

• 5 months later...

Bumping this because I along with several of my coworkers just got fired out of the fucking blue. So help me pay bills and get some sweet tracks out of the deal if you feel so inclined :)

Considering uploading an EP of B-sides for buyers as well because unless my tax return comes soon I am in the damn lurch for over a month till I can find a new gig.

Archived