IGNORED

New BoC remix

YangYing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Triassic Tusk mailout:

"Sorry for vandalising your peace and quiet.

First up is our new record - Sometimes by The Sexual Objects. The original version, plus remixes by Boards of Canada, Andrew Weatherall and WAVNE. That's a nice sentence to write. It's coming out on EP on Saturday the 29th. Only 1000 copies though. And we haven't done any pre-orders. 
We'll have it on sale on the site here...
http://triassictusk.com/shop/

And in real life it's going to be in Monorail, Underground Solu'shn, Assai, Love Music, Sounds of The Universe, Rough Trade, Friendly, Phonica, Discos Paradiso, Rush Hour, Honeybucket and probably some other places. The shops probably have other records that are worth getting too. 

If you happen to be in Glasgow on the 29th and passing The Rum Shack then we'll be launching it that night with a special appearance from The Sexual Objects themselves."

good stuff. love the synths at the start.

fucks sake they sound so so similar to the dreadbox abyss! or maybe it's the abyss that sounds similar to boc...

The first 1:30 is my favorite part, I'd take a 6 min track of it alone. I know it's not overly complex technical stuff but holy shit these guys have a way with chords. It's probably mostly because I've just become so familiar with their sound that every little nuance hits me. 

Seems a legit pre-order if you don't want to risk getting direct from label:

https://www.roughtrade.com/music/sometimes-ep-andrew-weatherall-boards-of-canada-wavne-remixes

Steep for a 4 track EP but cheap shipping within the UK..

£1.98 delivery, bitchin. Cheers!

I like it more then Sisters, but less than Mr. Mistake. I spose I'm in the "quite good" camp.

Not that it'll ever happen, but this track reminded me how much I'd love to hear some BoC solo piano recordings.

Pretty lame tbh

lol finally someone !

probably appeals to the huge chunk of their fanbase who like the pop end of the BOC spectrum (of which lurking on twoism for a few years, there seems to be an awful lot)

Their other remixes like the Mr Mistake versions have been my cup of perfectly brewed tea, so I can't be too unhappy

Pretty lame tbh

lol finally someone !

probably appeals to the huge chunk of their fanbase who like the pop end of the BOC spectrum (of which lurking on twoism for a few years, there seems to be an awful lot)

Their other remixes like the Mr Mistake versions have been my cup of perfectly brewed tea, so I can't be too unhappy

:cisfor:

Archived