IGNORED

New BoC remix

YangYing

Definitely my favourite scene from this series of Twin Peaks.

BoC is cool. BoC was always been cool.

probably appeals to the huge chunk of their fanbase who like the pop end of the BOC spectrum (of which lurking on twoism for a few years, there seems to be an awful lot)

:cisfor:

have u guyz herd of tycho? tye cho makes da chillest shit dat zounds like boreds of canada

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love or it or hate it this a earworm - the chorus of the song keeps popping into my head, along with the image of those puppets in the studio booth

I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I like the remix with all the too cool for school types in here.

There's a specific other track that the chiming melody halfway through reminds me of, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

The original sounds like someone superficially copied Pavement's style; it's not bad but I don't get it, if there is anything to get, that is.

Had a listen to the original Sexual Objects track first. Didn't really do much for me, the whole duration I was thinking "how will BoC make this vocal track work and not clash with their no doubt immaculate instrumental?" and I guess the answer was to AE it & loop only a single word and phrase over a track of their own. Fine by me. The first 2.5 minutes are glorious!

I don't have much of an opinion upon first listen, but the best thing about this thread is it made me go back and listen to the Sisters remix, which I've listened to far too few times. The Mr. Mistake cover on the other hand, I have worn out.

The Andrew Weatherall mix seems to cut way prematurely & abruptly on this DL. The track is over 8 minutes on the vinyl but here it is barely 3 minutes. Must've been an upload error. Emailed Triassic about this, hopefully they'll fix it promptly.

The Andrew Weatherall mix seems to cut way prematurely & abruptly on this DL. The track is over 8 minutes on the vinyl but here it is barely 3 minutes. Must've been an upload error. Emailed Triassic about this, hopefully they'll fix it promptly.

Fixed now, Weatherall mix is now 8:44 on the DL. ReDL the track if you care to/haven't already.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived