IGNORED

Mt. Fuji 2017 Cassette

dudenorth

I imagine the Marshall track is a recording of huge modular synth eruption thru a giant stack of Marshalls at 135 dB.

Oh I didn't even think about it being about the amp, I thought it was more of a reference to a nickname someone gave him, like, Marshall Chords, Inspector Riff, Deputy Melody..

i just love the artwork on the tape, tha afx font lool

this^^^

also, y u no review, mr phunny!?!?!?

Too busy trying to sell them shits unwrapped on ebay for $699

can't blame him

a review would be a kind of promotion.

"near mint/played once" would still get some ridiculous money, i'm sure

edit: i blame him!

Edited by goDel

I imagine the Marshall track is a recording of huge modular synth eruption thru a giant stack of Marshalls at 135 dB.

Oh I didn't even think about it being about the amp, I thought it was more of a reference to a nickname someone gave him, like, Marshall Chords, Inspector Riff, Deputy Melody..

I'm pretty sure he is referring to the 5402 Marshall Time Modulator, it contained military ccd ics repurposed for sound. He has a few of them.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to the 5402 Marshall Time Modulator, it contained military ccd ics repurposed for sound. He has a few of them.

I guess that makes a bit more sense... But I think my amp idea would be pretty interesting too. :)

So lemme get this straight...

Aphex does new release.

5 pages on the best AT related forum full of people insulting each other, bragging about being in some kind of clique where this clique and this clique only, gets a rip of the music, and being racist.

About 3 posts about the actual music.

For someone relatively new like myself...how do you think this appears?

And for AT himself do you think he is glad to know his fans behave in such ways? No wonder he likes his privacy...

So lemme get this straight...

Aphex does new release.

5 pages on the best AT related forum full of people insulting each other, bragging about being in some kind of clique where this clique and this clique only, gets a rip of the music, and being racist.

About 3 posts about the actual music.

For someone relatively new like myself...how do you think this appears?

And for AT himself do you think he is glad to know his fans behave in such ways? No wonder he likes his privacy...

Yeah, unfortunately some people feel entitled to something just because they can't get it via normal channels. And we certainly don't condone the racist comments, nor the attacks on people for simply rendering their opinions.

I don't want this derail the thread with a sub-discussion, but Consequences is right - we as a community need to behave a bit better, mostly out of respect for one another.

who cares what afx thinks? this message board contributes to him making money so he's probably thankful in the first place but if he's not, who fucking cares? 

who cares what afx thinks? this message board contributes to him making money so he's probably thankful in the first place but if he's not, who fucking cares? 

Well, considering many people are here because of their love for the man's music, don't you think his opinion of how his fans behave should be slightly important to them, especially on a fan forum, where their collective behaviour is a reflection on him?

I can say that in the past when WATMM was more "Wild West", many of the artists distanced themselves from here because of the behaviour of the members and the general vibe the place was giving off. Thankfully we've righted the ship, but there's always a few still trying to rock the boat without thinking of the consequences.

Well, considering many people are here because of their love for the man's music, don't you think his opinion of how his fans behave should be slightly important to them, especially on a fan forum, where their collective behaviour is a reflection on him?

I can say that in the past when WATMM was more "Wild West", many of the artists distanced themselves from here because of the behaviour of the members and the general vibe the place was giving off. Thankfully we've righted the ship, but there's always a few still trying to rock the boat without thinking of the consequences.

it's not like fans are sales reps of musicians. this place is not about boosting warp's sales or anything, is it? 

people here express their personal opinions. i get that a musician wouldn't want to be associated with opinions he disagrees with but at the end of the day, it's just opinions. no harm done. except for sales perhaps?

Had a whole review of the available Modular Trax coming from an offensive Racial perspective but deleted it to keep things nice and clean.

That said the IG clip sounds fuckin great.

Curious if Talkin2u is the same as the store