IGNORED

Bleep Store snaf(x)oo

phudoshin

So I'd ordered the Drukqs promo tracks while they were mis-assigned to SAW2. I didn't download em as I was away from my home PC. By the time I got there they had been correctly assigned to the promo cd. Fair enough right?

However, this left my ability to download them all faulty  - I couldn't  - so I naturally got in touch with Bleep support. This is what they said, which throws some light on the store:

We're unable to guarantee that all tracks will be available to download from your account. Aphex Twin will be adding and removing tracks from releases, once removed from the store it will no longer be possible to re-download tracks. All decisions with regards to which tracks are available and when are made by Aphex Twin.

I've no problem with Richie messing about with his stores backend and I actually thinks its bloody great  - BUT be aware that this could happen to you. Because its only two tracks I'll take it on the chin...:) 

So while AT is fiddling about, grab what you can when you can! This shit is fluid :)

there's a lesson here: the old format of buying releases doesn't work very well here, imo.

you basically want to buy access to whatever richie decides to be in the cloud (streaming/downloading). a paid soundcloud service with hi-quality downloads.

but what would work? whats a better pay-wall?

if you drop the "buy release" option, do you end of with subscription fees? that's only viable if richie drips tracks for the coming years on a monthly basis. but what would keep people from subscribing only 1 month a year to download everything in that one month? drop the download option and go streaming only? o lordy no, i hope not!

there's lots of ways to game the payment system, i guess. unless you invent all sorts of annoying stuff and basically limiting access to tunes.

richie should get in contact with west-coast IT types and workout some business model for soundcloud. 

That's pretty fucking shitty support IMO. That was clearly a mistake and they should add those tracks to your account.

This.. and they are still on the store just under a differnt album so makes even less sense!!

hey phudoshin have you seen this?! posted by the master himself in the drukqs promo page!  "Did anyone lose an order with this? Please say here or on SAW2 and I will make sure you get sorted out. Those 2 tracks were added by someone at Bleep when I was away doing a gig and I couldnt access the site to fix it. Not sure who thought those 2 tracks go on fucking SAW2!.. Jeez"

Haha before i read his post i thought why not take it up with the man himself? Cool response. Maybe the Bleep people should leave the store to him and just take care of the technical stuff.

Haha before i read his post i thought why not take it up with the man himself? Cool response. Maybe the Bleep people should leave the store to him and just take care of the technical stuff.

Tbh it sounds like Afx wanted Bleep to be as hands off as possible. From what it seems to me, he's just piggybacking off their userbase/servers and has stipulations that never the twain shall meet... which I'm sure Bleep could be kind of annoyed about, which would explain the "idk talk to aphex twin, not our problem" nature of their support replies

Looks to me like you got a canned reply for cases where he might delete certain tracks from a release you bought and/or from the store period, in which case a "tough luck" response could be justifiable. But in this case you clearly bought two separate tracks that are still available.

hey now....it's clear our wallets are as open as a hooker's nethers for this guy but if you open a store, you gotta adhere to some basic customer service expectations. The real world parallel is pretty bonkers: imagine Amazon's warehouses switching the shoes you ordered from shelf A32 to shelf B16 and saying "nah mate, can't ship 'em now".    

the Aphex Twin customer service experience.

A bud on another channel got his same issue resolved "Your tracks are now available"... but somehow I'm special and I still can't d/l.

I tried to login to comment on the SAW2 page as requested by daddy1 himself and now that doesn't work.... Bleep have been informed of both issues

Maybe that time I danced beside Richie at Venetian Snares but didn't say hi really rubbed him up the wrong way. I'm so rude!

hey phudoshin have you seen this?! posted by the master himself in the drukqs promo page!  "Did anyone lose an order with this? Please say here or on SAW2 and I will make sure you get sorted out. Those 2 tracks were added by someone at Bleep when I was away doing a gig and I couldnt access the site to fix it. Not sure who thought those 2 tracks go on fucking SAW2!.. Jeez"

The part in bold has just been been *cough* edited out of the current page.

Archived