IGNORED

New WATMM Comp (experimental) - Who wants in?

Polytrix

Holla

Want to contribute some experimental tracks to a comp.

Not sure on design but I would prefer it to be experimental longer pieces which are often drone like/sample heavy.

Interest? 

* TRACKS ARE MAX 20MINS

*TRACKS MUST BE BASED ON MANIPULATION OF A MAXIMUM OF 4 SAMPLES

*PERC IS OPTION

Also the comp is called, ''pneumonics''

Here's an idea of something like I mean:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a Volca Sample and wanted to do some kind of piece using just the "Doncamatic" voice sample...Will probably do it for that comp then :)

Hello.

Right, yes....doesn't have to be totally sample based but only 1 additional vst synth or whatever.

It's about pushing samples to their limits to see what you can find...and make it melodic.

Submit to me here and ill slowly compile.

russelrw@googlemail.com

I am totally up for this.

I have been making long droning experimental / noise things for a few weeks now, sampling stuff straight from vinyl and messing around with it live.

For example:-

https://soundcloud.com/soloman-tump/4-wipe-it-from-the-face-of?in=soloman-tump/sets/ep

(needs mastering admittedly and its a straight from live jam with no tinkering,  I only chucked it up on soundcloud to share with some friends who I hope to collaborate with).

1 - I like your track.

2 - I will be entering this compilation. 

3 - It's not down to me but if it is a sample mangling/sonic exploration based comp I wouldn't allow any additional synths but obviously it's up to you. 

Are drum loops considered as single samples or do drums need to be individual hits?

I could do some tracker and Reaktor based sample mangling.

well one could sample synths innit xD? I think I will be using my KOMA Field kit for this... ^^

Of course, that's why I think adding synths on top is 'cheating' :) 

Archived