IGNORED

New WATMM Comp (experimental) - Who wants in?

Polytrix

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can make a complete set of 36754 different drum sounds from a single vocal sample in my mduw. Is that allowed?

I'd like to see that

i'm being sincere sorry if that sounded assy lol

Lol yeah exactly... I don't see the point of this limitation at all. Sorry to be a pooper but this would be way cooler if everyone used the same samples.

I can make a complete set of 36754 different drum sounds from a single vocal sample in my mduw. Is that allowed?

I'd like to see that

i'm being sincere sorry if that sounded assy lol

Lol yeah exactly... I don't see the point of this limitation at all. Sorry to be a pooper but this would be way cooler if everyone used the same samples.

Agree! We should all use the same sample/samples as the only source and no synths imo. But what if you use a granular synth? Is that allowed?

So many questions...

So I'm just going to be strict and specify a bit better the rules. Sorry I know this is disorganised.

Max 2 tracks - mixed and mastered to whatever degree you can do.

Max 20 minutes per track. Don't go mad, maybe aim for more like 15 minutes if you'd prefer

Track names must be medically related.

So maximum use of 4 short samples from any source. Each sample at source can only be 5 seconds long.

Stick to the youtube sample above or use anything you want...i'd personally like to sample my own stuff. If people only use the torretes sample then that can be like a different part of the CD. Like the 'tourettes' suite. 

Yes granular synthesis is Ok.

Do with the samples as you like to make drum racks etc...sounds amazing. You can also use one instance of a pre-made drum rack but be creative with it.

The point is to mainly use samples and FX and any manipulation you like to make odd compositions.

Don't use more than one instrument plugin - I.e. one instance only..I'm thinking for example just using one instance of ableton's analogue to make a bass line.

Have fun!

Oh, shit I thought that was maximum length, I was aiming for three minutes.

So I'm just going to be strict and specify a bit better the rules. Sorry I know this is disorganised.

Max 2 tracks - mixed and mastered to whatever degree you can do.

Max 20 minutes per track. Don't go mad, maybe aim for more like 15 minutes if you'd prefer

Track names must be medically related.

So maximum use of 4 short samples from any source. Each sample at source can only be 5 seconds long.

Stick to the youtube sample above or use anything you want...i'd personally like to sample my own stuff. If people only use the torretes sample then that can be like a different part of the CD. Like the 'tourettes' suite. 

Yes granular synthesis is Ok.

Do with the samples as you like to make drum racks etc...sounds amazing. You can also use one instance of a pre-made drum rack but be creative with it.

The point is to mainly use samples and FX and any manipulation you like to make odd compositions.

Don't use more than one instrument plugin - I.e. one instance only..I'm thinking for example just using one instance of ableton's analogue to make a bass line.

Have fun!

okidoki....

but i object to the mastering point! please, mastering/leveling/limiting should be done by the same person

Yeah fair points.

Final mastering will be done by one person (not me as I'm shite at stuff beyond my own track): I suppose I was just saying mix it well to your best abilities.

Tracks are a maximum of 15 MINUTES LONG then. 

Yes, otherwise the cd will be too long.

So yeah, just try to keep within the 15 minute window.

All styles, all approaches. Do what you want with your samples :) Enjoy

i apologize for going off topic but isn't it strange that we haven't made a mika vainio tribute compilation?

I would be 100% up for this. my latest 0F.digital stuff is essentially a loving tribute anyway :(

Archived