IGNORED

Supernormal Festival

Soloman Tump

OK so this was on at the weekend and I should have posted here before about it, anywhere here go or been before?

I volunteered and had an awesome time, ended up as music tech support for the red kite tent (stuff like setting up / moving drum kits, running cables between stages, helping artists load/unload to their vehicles etc).  Was great fun and very rewarding in the sense of actually contributing towards a festival rather than just getting munted for 3 days (lol, did that as well)

Saw some amazing music,

Container - headlined last night and smashed out solid techno / glitch

Big Lad (the new name for Shitwife, not sure why they changed names. Did a fun cover of "come to daddy")

REEL

King Ayisoba - highlight of day one.

Wolf Eyes - they were high as fuck.  One of the other volunteers had to drive them into London the morning after their gig and they were still high then

Ben Vince - solo drone saxophonist which was ace

Zaimpf - chaotic drone / noise with contact mics, vocals and modular

Beards - pop/punk trio

John Doran (from the Quietus) did a 3 hour disco / swing DJ set with loads of European / Middle Eastern influenced tunes. Top man.

Aggressive Perfector - fast / hard as fuck thrash metal.  Midday on Sunday! Yes.

Loads of other impromptu gig going on in small venues / in the woods and I had no idea what a lot of it was but I met some great people and I need some sleep now.

Missed Matana Roberts and Lone Taxidermist, the queues for their venue were rammed.  It was a purpose built wooden barn and it looked amazing.  Stuck a bunch of photos on my instagram page.

Full schedule is here:- https://www.supernormalfestival.co.uk/schedule

I will definitely go again / volunteer next year.

not a fest i'm familiar with but i'm glad i peeped the thread because i had no idea about the Shitwife name change. they're playing ArcTanGent next week and i want to catch them. i would be wounded if i missed them because of a name change! Come To Daddy cover sounds great, hopefully they drop it in their set next week.

saw the photos on your Instagram page, looks like a good time.

You know I live in Oxford, god damn! Maybe next year, please give me a heads up.

Ah yes sorry dude. I kinda volunteered last minute and tickets had already sold out. Will sort out in plenty of time for next year.

Archived