IGNORED

Melodies from Mars

gafjunkis

MFM is one of my favorite RDJ releases ever.  It's by far his most euphoric and happy sounding album.  Track #7 has moved me almost to tears once while driving home through the desert at sunset time.  Was a great moment.  If this was released in high quality I would be so happy, I also really like the available rips though so I don't mind.  But a release would bring it to more people so release please rich

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1

Coming to the store soon I'd bet

I think it's a bit more special than simply a digital release...

how many years do you intend to do this?

Can we all agree to lynch Joyrex if all his teasing ends up leaving us with collective blue balls?

yes please

Hey - there has been a lot of things I've been told that have never come to fruition, for various reasons... so the debate is: do I mention it in hopes it comes to pass, or stay quiet until it is all but confirmed?

Hey - there has been a lot of things I've been told that have never come to fruition, for various reasons... so the debate is: do I mention it in hopes it comes to pass, or stay quiet until it is all but confirmed?

Mention it please!

Mention it please!

Your balls are already blue

• 4 years later...

melodies from mars

magic:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I feel like the 320kbps bootleg I replaced my old shitty 128kbps early 2000s download with has different versions of Flim and Logon Rock Witch now.

Both are possibly a non-RDJ edit of the LP versions made to sound like a clearer copy of the MFM version and not the actual rips from the MFM tape...as I remember there being more differences.

Am I right? I've not listened to them in quite a while, but feel like this is true.

38 minutes ago, DucksOpinion said:

I feel like the 320kbps bootleg I replaced my old shitty 128kbps early 2000s download with has different versions of Flim and Logon Rock Witch now.

Both are possibly a non-RDJ edit of the LP versions made to sound like a clearer copy of the MFM version and not the actual rips from the MFM tape...as I remember there being more differences.

Am I right? I've not listened to them in quite a while, but feel like this is true.

different version of Flim?

yes please :aphexsign:

just be sure to wear your fingerbib when pushing play

Haven’t played it for donkeys years because unless I’ve had multiple dreams about it Aphex and Joyrex keep teasing us with official remastered versions. Definitely due a revisit. 

Edited by beerwolf

EDIT: NOT REAL! Sorry if this was mean of me to trick my fellow Aphex fans ?

Quadruple LP announced from Warp Records:

Aphex Twin - "Melodies From Mars Quadrant"

Includes:

-Original release fully remastered

-"MFM2K22" Reconstruction of the original dleivered in a new light by Aphex Twin

-The Vienna Philharmonic Secret Symphony Series - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars, reinterpreted

-Noodlings from Neptune - the unexpected sequel from Aphex Twin

-26 page deluxe booklet with original artwork and graphics from Weirdcore and Aphex Twin

Edited by Lane Visitor
Correction

1 hour ago, Lane Visitor said:

Includes:

-"MFM2K22" Reconstruction of the original dleivered in a new light by Aphex Twin

-The Vienna Philharmonic Secret Symphony Series - Aphex Twin - Melodies From Mars, reinterpreted

-26 page deluxe booklet with original artwork and graphics from Weirdcore and Aphex Twin

Sounds spectacular ? ? 

Edited by beerwolf

6 hours ago, Lane Visitor said:

Includes:

what? where's the official announcement?

Edited by logakght
  • Sad 1